Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei at the front postcard help please

Article about: This came with a group of period photos and the postcard is pretty interesting. Is there anyway to confirm this type of item? The qaulity seems good but I do not know anything about German p

Default Polizei at the front postcard help please

This came with a group of period photos and the postcard is pretty interesting. Is there anyway to confirm this type of item? The quality seems good but I do not know anything about German paper. All google searches show this card in color. Seems like it would be easy to fake but then why fake an inexpensive item as this. All thoughts and opinions are are appreciated.
    John

Polizei at the front postcard help pleasePolizei at the front postcard help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei at the front postcard help please
    P
    Many

Found another thread with the same postcard variation (its seems this one is usually in color), that post deemed it as fake, but read for yourself:

SS/Polizei Postcards

Regards,
    Adravor

?

The Website I use for postcards has these sometimes but they go rather quickly, and as you stated always in color, the printing on the reverse seems splotchy and blurred.. JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei at the front postcard help please   Polizei at the front postcard help please  

Polizei at the front postcard help please  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

John,

The only one that appears in "Postcards of Hitler's Germany" by R. James Bender, volume 3 page 116 is a color postcard.

I would imagine this is a reproduction and I could see these being mass printed and sold to unsuspecting buyers, especially with the SS connection on the backside and SS runes on the front...

Smitty

Thank you for the links and information. I would agree this is a reproduction or copy. Based upon the links and info the real ones should be on a thinner paper and in color. My example is on thicker paper. I am trying to figure out why folks were reproducing these types of items back in the day. They could not have brought big money 20 years ago as they are not expensive today.
    John

I vaguely recall that there was a militaria magazine (i think) that included reprints of many TR postcards, not just these Politzei examples. They are all reproduced now, the secret is finding an old one that's been issued, stamped etc like the example Gwar posted. Always treat blank postcards with caution and always try to have them in hand to judge them, or post here for peace of mind!

@Rescue190

Your b/w piece is a repro piece,like the other numbers means too

All 5 cards of the Series *The day of German police* are coloured pieces .

Best regards Mario

@Rescue190

Your b/w piece is a repro piece,like the other members means too

All 5 cards of the Series *The day of German police* are coloured pieces .

Best regards Mario