Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Post your death notices

Here are the last 3. One killed by Italian partisans, cannot find any account on the event described there so far.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Anton Faderl
    Post your death notices

Thanks! Seems that the info was not even recorded as the invasion was so vast that recording the losses properly was not a priority.

Here is an interesting one for Michael Schmidpeter, a Schutze in an Infantry regiment who was killed on December 8, 1941 ih the fighting at Stalino. Note that the EK has been printed upside down.

Post your death noticesPost your death notices

Quote by Milcollector1914 View Post
    Here is an interesting one for Michael Schmidpeter, a Schutze in an Infantry regiment who was killed on December 8, 1941 ih the fighting at Stalino. Note that the EK has been printed upside down.
    He was in 9./Infanterie-Regiment 70 and killed in Debalzewo (nowadays - Debalzewe) in eastern Ukraine.

Wow, thank you for the information. Where can one look up more detailed unit info like this? I've only ever used the Volksbund Grave Search.

Wow, thank you for the information. Where can one look up more detailed unit info like this? I've only ever used the Volksbund Grave Search.
    Ancestry.com have 2.4m 'Gefallen' cards listed.

Awesome, I will have to look at getting an account. Thanks again!

Awesome, I will have to look at getting an account. Thanks again!
    Here you go!
    Post your death notices
    Post your death notices
    Post your death notices

This death card for Alois Mandl has a pretty interesting story behind it. I was able to find his record, showing that he was a member of the 4th Battery Panzer Artillery Regiment 103. Further research shows that his battery was equipped with Wespe SPGs, and was attached to Kampfgruppe Kahler during the defense of Orel. By the end of the battle, 2 of the units 5 Wespes had been knocked out.

Post your death noticesPost your death noticesPost your death notices

Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast