Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

I have a few but this one is the most interesting to me. 3 Brothers on one card. Anton Schashing, Josef Schashing, and Otto Schashing. I have located Anton and Otto on volksbund but I cannot find anything for Josef, the closest I have found is a Johann and his DOB and date of death would put it around same age range.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Here is an interesting example that has been discussed on the forum in the past.

Notice the Stalingrad shield.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Here is an interesting example that has been discussed on the forum in the past.

Notice the Stalingrad shield.
    I remember this one being discussed some time ago, a really interesting sterbebilde. If I'm not mistaken, the conclusion reached was that the family was misinformed? Possibly by his Commanding Officer or whoever sent a letter to them as a result of his death?

I could not find him on Ancestry casualty cards list either unfortunately.

Yes, that’s right. It was the general feeling that the family added the shield and ostmedaille, but I guess we will never know the reason why this was done.

That was very good of you to look Blackcat1982, thank you for trying.

Glad to help.

SS sterbebild

Willi Kroiß
    SS Sturmann
    Born - 28.12.1912
    Gefallen - 5.9.1941 Russia
    I.G.K - Infantrie Geschoß Kopf (Killed in action due to a head shot)
    5./SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 1

Surname:
    Kroiß
    Forename:
    Wilhelm
    Sturmmann
    Date of birth:
    Place of birth:
    Simbach
    Date of death/becoming missing:
    Place of death/becoming missing:
    Wasiljewstschina

Wilhelm Kroiß has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Wassiljewschtschina - Russland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

Here is his card from Ancestry, the abbreviation seeming to confirm the cause of death. Note the spelling of his christian name.

Post your death notices

Thanks for that BlackCat, I really appreciate it!

I find it interesting how names are miss-spelt or abbreviated and how ‘nick names’ are used.

Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast