Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    BlackCat1982, where are you finding the cards for the identification of these guys? Thanks
    These are on Ancestry, or Fold3

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Thanks, ever heard of Fold3. Will look it up. How hard or easy is it to look up German names on Ancestry? Just wondering, thanks again!

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    Thanks, ever heard of Fold3. Will look it up. How hard or easy is it to look up German names on Ancestry? Just wondering, thanks again!
    Easy
    Post your death notices

Enter name and death date, if known. There are errors and the lists are far from complete.

Leutnant Flugzeugführer Hugo Huber
    Fighter pilot - Jagdgeschwader 4.

Surname:
    Huber
    Forename:
    Hugo
    Leutnant
    Date of birth:
    Date of death/becoming missing:

Hugo Huber is buried in the military cemetery in Pomezia.
    Pomezia, Città Metropolitana di Roma Capitale, Lazio, Italy
    Endgrablage: Block U Grab 902

Lt. Hugo Huber - Sunday 07.05.44 2./JG 4 (Bf 109G-6 Werk # 162731 "Black 2") combat vic Ronciglione-Fabrica [S of Frabrica di Roma] over lake Bracciano.
    Awards - Fighter Operational Clasp
    KIA 7 May, 1944 during aerial combat at Fabrica (JG-4 List).

Over the Lake Bracciano area on 7 May 1944, I./ JG4 (18 ME109s), encountered 12 Spitfires of No. 72 Squadron, who claimed nine Bf 109's shot down (actually six); I gruppe lost 4 killed and 2 wounded in the action. During their Italian campaign, I./JG 4 lost 40 men killed or missing, 26 wounded, and 7 taken prisoner.
    Asisbiz history section Luftwaffe Unit Jagdgeschwader 4

Hugo Huber
    Kracker Luftwaffe Archive

Jagdgeschwader 4
    Jagdgeschwader 4
    Jagdgeschwader 4

72 Squadron photo.
    A History of the Mediterranean Air War, 1940-1945. Volume 4: Sicily and Italy to the Fall of Rome 14 May, 1943 - 5 June 1944 (page 602).
    Book by Christopher F Shores, Giovanni Massimello, and Russell Guest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  
    Last edited by Willmore; 02-15-2021 at 06:26 PM.

?

"After happy holiday weeks spent together with his beloved bride in October, our beloved son, brother, brother-in-law, uncle, nephew and cousin died on 8 December 1943 (happy birthday Jim Morrison!) in the SS-Prague-Branik hospital, in the 24th year of his life as a result of his third wound suffered in tank combat on 17 November 1943.
    Georg Claußen, SS-Oberscharführer, Zugführer and Feldwebelanwärter in a tank regiment of the LSSAH. Owner of EK-II, Sudeten-medal, Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber. Fighter in Poland, Belgium, France, Italy and Russia. ..."

Post your death notices

Sadly SS-Oberscharführer Georg Claußen is not recorded on the VDK site nor is there a record of his passing.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Sadly SS-Oberscharführer Georg Claußen is not recorded on the VDK site nor is there a record of his passing.
    Thank you for checking! So what does it mean - maybe this person didn't exist and the death notice is fake, what do you think?

?

No it just means that for whatever clerical reason his records are not there . I have serached for many KIA's in the Archive and have not found quite a few even though i know they were definately KIA .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by McSeam View Post
    Thank you for checking! So what does it mean - maybe this person didn't exist and the death notice is fake, what do you think?
    As Paul D says, the fact he isn't recorded on the Volksbund Grabersuche site or a casualty card doesn't exist is no red flag to your death notice. i have not looked into him further but I'm sure there will be references to him, as there are to his wider family in the notice. It's just a pity that we can't expand on the circumstances of his injury and subsequent death.

Anton Maier - 2./Kompanie Pionier-Bataillon 635

Details from the Volksbund -

Surname:
    Maier
    Forename:
    Anton
    Pionier
    Date of birth:
    Place of birth:
    Rott
    Date of death/becoming missing:
    Place of death/becoming missing:
    2.San.Kp.mot.696 HVPl. Nowy Rogatschik

He died of wounds after being transported to Hauptverbandplatz Nowy Rogatschik - Verstorben : Infanterie Geschoß Rückensteckschuß Bauch.

Anton Maier is buried in the military cemetery in Rossoschka.
    Endgrablage: Block 26 Reihe 10 Grab 377

The Rossoschka German War Cemetery is located 37 kilometers northwest of the city center of Volgograd on the Rossoschka.
    Rossoschka Kriegsgr in Volgograd, Volgograd Oblast - Find A Grave Cemetery
    Rossoschka German War Cemetery - Wikipedia

Destroyed units attached to the German 6th Army but not to divisions or army corps.
    Trapped Divisions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Last edited by Willmore; 11-18-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast