Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Thanks Ben.

It is always poignant to see a death card to someone who died some time after their initial wounds and I would imagine that infection played a big part.

Here is an example from a Wehrpaß -
    Wehrpass - Nebelwerfer units - Died of wounds (Verstorben)

The injuries that Hans Vollhan sustained are interesting and I would like to know the circumstances of how he received them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

10./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 100 - Johann Wegerer

Name: Johann Wegerer
    Date of birth: 17.09.1916
    Place of birth: Meggenthal
    Death/missing date: 10.06.1940
    Death/missing place: Feldlazarett 5/542 Crecy-au-Mont
    Service rank: Gefreiter

Johann was severely wounded by shrapnel to the stomach in Osly, northern France on 8.6.1940 and died two days later in a Field Hospital. His cause of death is noted as -

Schwer verwundet: Granatsplitter (Heavily wounded: Shell splinter/shrapnel).
    Verstorben: Bauchschuß (Deceased: Stomach shot).

Johann Wegerer is buried in the military cemetery in Fort-de-Malmaison, France.
    Gravesite: Endgrablage: Block 2 Reihe 22 Grab 1926

At the time of his death, Johanns Regiment was part of 1. Gebirgs Division. On the 3rd of November 1940 the Regiment was transferred and used to help form the 5. Gebirgs Division which went on to take part in the invasion of Crete.

Gebirgsjäger Regiment 100 -
    Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 100 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

5. Gebirgs Division -
    5.Gebirgsjager-Division - Feldgrau
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

11./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 98 - Josef Königbauer

Name: Josef Königbauer
    Date of birth: 03.04.1907
    Place of birth: Vilsbiburg
    Death/missing date: 20.09.1941
    Death/missing place: Timoschewka
    Service rank: Hauptmann (It looks like he may have been posthumously promoted according to this entry)

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Artillerie Geschoß Volltreffer (Killed in action: Artillery shot direct hit).

Looking at the rear of the casualty card it says Grablage 5km westlich Timoschewka am Panzergraben (nur kopf) - Grave location 5km west of Timoschewka at the anti-tank ditch (head only). It appears that his body was annihilated by the artillery strike and confirms the recorded cause of death.

Josef Königbauer has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Timoschiwka - Ukraine

On the rear of his casualty it mentions his grave site as 5km westlich Timoschewka am Panzergraben. The Panzergraben was a Russian defensive ditch and the scene of fierce fighting. I have another death card to a member of 7./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 98 who died in the same location on the same day (post #655 and #656 in the link below).

Post your death notices
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-16-2023 at 05:58 PM. Reason: extra information

11./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 98 - Wolfgang Pitzenbauer (Chaplain)

He was originally a member of Sanitäts-Ersatz-Abteilung 7, a unit I collect.

Name: Wolfgang Pitzenbauer
    Date of birth: 18.05.1913
    Place of birth: München
    Death/missing date: 21.09.1941
    Death/missing place: westlich Timoschewka Ukraine
    Service rank: Gefreiter

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Infanterie Geschuß Herz (Killed in action: Infantry shot heart)

Wolfgang Pitzenbauer is recorded by name on a natural stone stele in the military cemetery in Kropywnytskyji - Sammelfriedhof set up by the Volksbund. According to his casualty card his grave is located 5km westlich Timoschewka am Panzergraben, the same place as Josef Königbauer in post #753 and Johann Fürst post #655.

Name: Rev Wolfgang Pitzenbauer
    Birth Date: 1913
    Birth Place: Germany
    Death Date: 1941
    Death Place: Ukraine
    Cemetery: Alter Stadtfriedhof Dachau
    Burial or Cremation Place: Dachau, Landkreis Dachau, Bavaria (Bayern), Germany
    Father: Ludwig Pitzenbauer
    Mother: Maria Pitzenbauer

Rev Wolfgang Pitzenbauer (1913-1941) - Find a Grave Memorial.

Post your death notices  

?

I just got my first death card and came with these documents.

Name: Peter Burger
    Date of birth: 28.11.1912
    Place of birth: ???
    Death/missing date: 15.8.1944
    Death/missing place: Forli
    Service rank: Obergefreiter
    Military Unit: Panzergrenadier 7.115 ?

I found his casualty card number G-B 248/0160, anyone could share it and more information would be appreciated.

Post your death notices
    Post your death notices
    Post your death notices

Welcome to the death card collecting fold.

Peter was in a Panzer Grenadier Regiment and was the holder of Iron Cross 2nd Class, The Panzer Assault Badge and some kind of other award. He had previously served in Africa and died of severe wounds in Italy.

Name: Peter Burger
    Date of birth: 28.11.1912
    Place of birth: Perscheid
    Death/missing date: 15.08.1944
    Death/missing place: Forli, Italy.
    Service rank: Obergefreiter

His cause of death is noted on the rear of the casualty card as Minensplitter (Mine splinters/shrapnel).

Peter Burger is buried in the military cemetery in Futa-Pass, Italy.
    Gravesite: Endgrablage: Block 2 Grab 395

He was a member Panzergrenadier Regiment 115 -
    Panzergrenadier-Regiment 115 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

15. Panzergrenadier Division -
    15. Panzergrenadier-Division - Division Sizilien

The document shows a Feldpost number which was unique to each unit. Feldpost number 45041 refers to -

(1.10.1940-27.2.1941) Qu. b. Dtsch. Mil.Attache Rom
    (30.7.1941-28.2.1942) Qu. b. Dtsch. Mil.Attache Rom u. Heeresstreifendienst Rom (= S)
    (1.3.1942-7.9.1942) Oberquartiermeister Rom (Heer) beim deutschen Militärattache Rom u. Heeresstreifendienst Rom (= S)(8.9.1942-11.3.1943) Oberquartiermeister Rom Heeresgruppe Süd u. Kommandeur d. Heeresstreifendienstes Rom (= S),
    dann Oberquartiermeister Rom b. Oberbefehlshaber Sud u. Kommandeur d. Heeresstreifendienstes Rom (= S),
    (12.3.1943-7.9.1943) Oberquartiermeister Rom b. Oberbefehlshaber Süd
    (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 29.12.1943 AOK 10 Oberquartiermeister.

The link below shows a Wehrpaß to a soldier who was stationed with Gruppe Heeres Streifendienst beim Deutschen Wehrmacht-Attaché in Rome.

Wehrpass - Pionier, Heeres Streifendienst and Auslandsbriefprüfstelle

Perscheid -
    Perscheid - Wikipedia

Forli -
    Forli - Wikipedia

Last edited by Willmore; 03-19-2023 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo

?

Thank you Will, for the information.

No worries and thank you for sharing your first death card, it is a great example and the first time I had seen such an accompanying document.

Post your death notices

Post your death notices
    When I see a look as sad as the one in this soldier's portrait; I always think that he was already certain that he was not going to survive for long when they took the photo

Hi Santi.

I totally agree with what you say about the soldiers expressions.

Name: Theodor Riederer
    Birth Date: 7 Nov 1910
    Birth Place: Kürn Ob Pf
    Military Unit: 1./Kompanie Pionier Bataillon 657
    Death Date: 11 Apr 1942
    Death Place: Südostw Jaswy

He was heavily wounded (Schwer verwundet: Handgranat Bauch, Brust) Hand grenade, stomach and chest on April 11 1942 and
    died the next day.

Theodor Riedere has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Bolschije Gorby 1 - Russland

Pionier Bataillon 657 -
    Pionier-Bataillon 657

Name: Josef Feldmeier
    Birth Date: 18 May 1915
    Birth Place: Peiting, Oberbayern
    Military Unit: 6./Kompanie Grenadier Regiment 316
    Death Date: 6 Feb 1944
    Death Place: Ostw Krassnÿ-Gori

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Infanterie Geschuß Kopf (Killed in action: Infantry shot head).

Josef Feldmeier has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Krasnyje Gory - Russland

Grenadier Regiment 316 -
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht - GR 316

Kind regards,

Will.

Post your death notices  

Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 ... LastLast