Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Read/translate German handwriting on back of photo

Article about: Hi all - this is my first post, and I hope someone can help. I recently acquired a few books, one of the Hermann Goring's biography "Werk Und Mensch", published in 1941. Inside the

Default Read/translate German handwriting on back of photo

Hi all - this is my first post, and I hope someone can help. I recently acquired a few books, one of the Hermann Goring's biography "Werk Und Mensch", published in 1941. Inside the book was a photo of a German officer (?) talking to a woman, with a handwritten inscription on the back. I can't make it out because it's written in German cursive.

Can anyone in the forum read/translate this, and perhaps even tell if the officer is anyone of note. I have included photos of the frontspiece of the book as well, as I think perhaps the person in the photo has something to do with the signatory of the frontspiece.

I appreciate any help!!Read/translate German handwriting on back of photoRead/translate German handwriting on back of photoRead/translate German handwriting on back of photoRead/translate German handwriting on back of photoRead/translate German handwriting on back of photoRead/translate German handwriting on back of photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Read/translate German handwriting on back of photo
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The postcard is of Ernst Rohm. Head of the SA and killed during the Night of the Long Knives. So...yes. needless to say an "infamous" personality.

Dated May 24th. Just a bit over a month before he was killed (June 30th)

The ink at the top is much darker than the rest of the writing. Possible with fountain pens. But not sure.

I can make out words ("Leader of the NSDAP", etc. ) but not enough to translate. It is however signed by a woman I think ("Frau")

The book IMHO has no connection to the postcard unless they both just happened to be owned by the same person (although having anything with Rohm's image was not a wise thing . They are 3 years apart and appears to be Christmas related (Kreigsweihnacht.) with a rough dedication for the committement and faithfulness of serving the Fuhrer... Maybe a Christmas gift. I'm not well versed on the inner grouping / working of the NSDAP, but the stamp appears to be from the NSDAP district of Hagenau which is currently part of France. And signed by the district head of the NSDAP and DAF.

As to whether the page inside the book is original I can't tell but it looks good to my uneducated eyes.

Hopefully someone can translate the postcard and the dedication correctly. I'm sure what I said is not perfect.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi - thanks for the look and your help! I have tried to decipher the back, but I cannot even make out the letters in the words. Maybe it will remain a mystery.

Thanks for the help though!

This one should be easy for a German speaker to translate

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...o-img_0734.jpg

I can make out Geburstag /Birthday too, also she signed 'Frau P.G. (Parteigenossen NSDAP Party member) ...'

Regards,
    Gerard

I can translate the printed certificate, which translates as: In recognition of the operation/mission for the creative people and your loyalty to the Fuehrer.

German handwriting is something I always struggle with unfortunately