Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Signed pilot photo

Article about: Hi guys as I’m trying to build a Luftwaffe display I thought a photo would help bring more character to it. I’m not a expert in signatures or photos is the signature real? but any advice

Default Signed pilot photo

Hi guys as I’m trying to build a Luftwaffe display I thought a photo would help bring more character to it. I’m not a expert in signatures or photos is the signature real? but any advice and opinions would be grateful thank you! are signed photos rare?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signed pilot photo   Signed pilot photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signed pilot photo
    P
    Many

You have a photo of RKT Leutnant Günther Frenzel (19 March 1919 – 12 March 2011) Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes on 23 December 1942 as Feldwebel and pilot in the 11./Kampfgeschwader z.b.V. 1
    It is hard to tell from these photos, is it actually signed or is it just photo which has a signature on it, tilt the photo on a angle and see if you can see the gel pen ink on the photo.
    If it is actually signed, very good chance that it is original, i have a few photos from Gunther when i wrote to him.
    His writing was always hard due to losing all but 2 fingers on his dominant hand.

some post war signed photos are very rare, Luftwaffe ones, mostly are not and someone who lived so far after the war again makes it a very common photo.
    Very nice for a display tho.

Morris

Thank you! I do not own it yet KMMORIS but I will ask for the additional information thank you very much!

?

I can't help with the signature, But That's a great picture of him.

Semper Fi
    Phil

It's one of the most common motives of him. Can't say it is originally signed, you should check as KMMorris said whether you can see if inkt is on the photograph. Since also photographs were reproduced from a signed motive already sometimes.

?

Frenzel was the first RKT i met at my first OdR meeting in Siegburg , first thing he showed me were his missing fingers !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I should get the signed photo today or Monday and I’ll look at it and hopefully it’ll be original. And that is very cool Paul certainly a meeting with the veteran you will never forget. I watched a video of him on YouTube of him talking about his mission to transport troops to a place in Afrika I think it was and how the plane was shot up and looked down and that’s when he took damaged to his hand and lost fingers and some of his hand when he held his hand up I had to pause it and look for a second it was very sad and quite surprising to see. I wish I could’ve met him and other veterans but with being young it just is not possible but I can not complain!

Got the picture in today and I tried taking it out of the protector case and I gave up lol. So I just wiped it down with a dry paper towel and stored it away with the Luftwaffe helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signed pilot photo   Signed pilot photo  

Signed pilot photo   Signed pilot photo