Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Soldiers and animals :)

Article about: A shot of my friend and Neighbor starting up Gen Patton's spotter plane with his ever present dog Mac watching.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldiers and animals :)
    P
    Many

?

I rely like the way that the that the daybook, / order book, is carried in the tunic!

Agree

Seems like a pretty handy way.....

?

YEH, I guess that they haven't found out that there tunics have pockets that can be used for the carrying of items?

?

all kidding aside, does any one know why the SPEIS'S of the different branches seem to have done this practice? I have always wondered why?

Quote by toot View Post
    all kidding aside, does any one know why the SPEIS'S of the different branches seem to have done this practice? I have always wondered why?
    Dear toot,

Maybe some kind of tradition survived, in the former (Prussian) Army of the German Empire the "Spiess" ("etatmaessige Feldwebel") carried the book in this manner too and the blue "Waffenrock" had no pockets indeed. Before 1889 it was the only way to identify him even:

"Der etatmaessige Feldwebel war fuer die Organisation des inneren Dienstes in der Kompanie verantwortlich. Zunaechst erkannte man ihn nur am Notizbuch, das zwischen den Knoepfen des Waffenrocks steckte. Zur besseren Unterscheidung legte er gemaess einer A.K.O. vom 28. Juli 1889 am Waffenrock eine zweite, 1,6 cm breite Tresse an, die 7 mm ueber der Aermelaufschlagstresse getragen wurde ..." (Ulrich Herr/Jens Nguyen: Die deutsche Infanterie von 1871 bis 1914. Vol. 1, Vienna 2008, p. 160).
    "The 'etatmaessige Feldwebel' was responsible for organizing the internal affairs of the company. In the first instance he was distinguishable by the notebook only which was tucked between the buttons of his tunic. For a better distinction he wore a second strip at the tunic, 1,6 cm broad, 7 mm above the strip of the sleeve according to an 'A.K.O.' ('Allerhoechste Kabinettsordre') from July 28, 1889 ..."

With best wishes
    Alter Musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-20-2022 at 07:14 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Default Where is the dog?

?

is it setting in front of him?

?

great eyes, WOW! now that dog rely blends into the photo! I sure looked long & hard to find it, and couldn't.

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast