Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke

Article about: Hi guys, Just received this "SS Wehrstammbuch", "Gesundheitsbuch" and a couple of other documents to the same soldier which are of interest to me in my research about the

No problem Jan.

What a coincidence, was your visit to do with a job or for pleasure?

That is a good way to look at it and sort of brings what you’re reading to life.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

The visit to Latvia was because of my participation in a scientific conference. Very interesting trip in many respects.

Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Here´s page 19 of the "Wehrstammbuch" documentig his war trail from Norway to Finland 1940-1941. Am I correct in assuming his unit in Norway from early May 1940 (in Sandevik Norway) to June 1941 was 12. and 11. SS-Totenkopf-Standarte 6?

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

Hi Jan.

There are a few place names I’m unsure and I’m reading his units as

- 12th Company SS Totenkopf Regiment 6
    - 11th SS Infantry Regiment 6

"Nord" History - 2. KOMPANIE

2-3.5.40 - Kämpf zur säuberung des südnorwegischen raumes. 12./6. SS T. Regt.

5.4.40 - 6.10.40 Eroberung Norwegens. 12./6. SS T. Regt.

12.6.40 - 11.4.41 Sicherung Norwegens. 12./6. SS T. Regt.

12.4.41 - 6.6.41 Sicherung Norwegens. 11./6. SS I. R. (Mot).

7-30.6.41 - Aufmarschgebiet Finnland

1-8.7.41 - Kämpf um den Festungs block (Jalla?)

9-20.7.41 - Kämpf um den (knolajärwa?) - Abschnitt

21.7.41 - 3.8.41 Kämpf um den (Johana?) - Abschnitt und Kiestinky* bei 11. SS I. R. 6 (mot)

*-(kiestinki, village in Russia about 75km from the eastern Finnish border).

Jan
    ?

Thanks again , I managed to decipher the placenames.

1-8.7.41 - Kämpf um den Festungsblock (Salla)

9-20.7.41 - Kämpf um den (Kuolajärvi) - Abschnitt

21.7.41 - 3.8.41 Kämpf um den (Sohjana) - Abschnitt und Kiestinki bei 11. SS I. R. 6 (mot)
    Sohjana Kiestinki Viena | Suomen Sotahistoriallinen Seura ry

Best, Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 12-27-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Jan
    ?

Here comes page 39.

a) Führung: Gut
    b) Dienstliche Kentnisse und Leistungen:

”Seine Leidungen als Gew. – Führer sind gut.
    Er verfügt über ein gutes militärisches Wissen und Können.Er versteht es Seine Männer zu begeistern und ist ein guter Führer seiner Grupppe.”

Ellwanger/Jag…(?) 19.9.1943

"Signature" by SS-Obersturmführer u. Kompanieführer.
    4./SS-Kradschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

Jan
    ?

"Strafen". Seems he wasn´t punished for anything in 1941 and 1942 as the hand written text says "kein(e)".

Best,

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 03-29-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Jan
    ?

Horst was wounded in the throat during the intense fighting of Kokkosalmi in Kiestinki on August 3rd 1941.

Yesterday I managed to get hold of this original photo of the graves of SS Nord men after the battle. Lucky guy that he didn´t end up here.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke   SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

Jan
    ?

One more Kokkosalmi related item "Sterbebild" SS-Sturmmann Friedrich Fuchs (Gefallen 2.11.1941)

Best, Jan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3