Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Photo Album

Article about: I recently picked up this SS photo album containing 50 original photographs. It seems to revolve around one SS soldier and his comrades. Several images taken around the Berghof and one image

I believe photo # 5 from your post 7 is taken in Zakopane (Kasprowy Wierch) in Poland. I have an Einsatzgruppe-C photo album from this same location, SD/Einsatzgruppe ran skilehrgang there in 1942:

http://www.militaria-archive.com/res...zgruppe-c.html

Here is a contemporary image of the same place :

Meteorological Observatory, Kasprowy Wierch, Zakopane, Poland Editorial Stock Photo - Image of tatra, rocky: 73498578

I suspect all of the snow photos in your post 6 & post 7 are from Zakopane Poland.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Photo Album
    P
    Many

Sorry for spamming your thread but the more I look at this the more I can see similarities. I believe the man in your album with the distinctive cap is Arthur Seyss-Inquart, Deputy to Governor General Hans Frank. I have him in a separate Sicherheitspolizei grouping here:

Militaria Archive

hope this helps.

?

Hello Gerard, very interesting and coincidental. Do you know if your picture is original or a re-print ? I imagine that portrait type picture would have been given to family or friends as a memento and could easily account for original copies circulating. The man in the picture appears to be the central figure in this album and I assume it chronicles his service. This album came from a dealer website that just sold about 10 complete albums from different service areas so It was probably part of a large photo album collection. Thanks for posting your images.

Regards, Al

?

Thank you for the relevant photo's and identification. Feel free to post anything on the thread you have added a great deal of substance to my original posts.

Hi Al, the one I have is a wartime original, I agree studio portraits by professional photographers tended to have a few original prints made and this seems to be one.

I looked back through my files and ebay history from 2018 and I now think this image of mine which overlaps with one from your album is a one off photo and not related to the group SD /Sipo images I put up in post #20.

When I saw the guard post /pill box in your images and the one in mine I thought they might be related but now I don't think so.

I think your photo 7 in post 7 shows Arthur Seyß-Inquart at zakopane on the balcony there. This could make dating the images possible. The RFSS images you posted are also very interesting, it may be possible to identify these men too hopefully. Thanks for posting a very interesting album

Cheers,
    Gerard

CBH
    ?

Try and research the Audi licence plate, might narrow it down. There is a RFSS member working on it.

?

Quote by Ordnungspolizei View Post
    Hi Al, the one I have is a wartime original, I agree studio portraits by professional photographers tended to have a few original prints made and this seems to be one.

I looked back through my files and ebay history from 2018 and I now think this image of mine which overlaps with one from your album is a one off photo and not related to the group SD /Sipo images I put up in post #20.

When I saw the guard post /pill box in your images and the one in mine I thought they might be related but now I don't think so.

I think your photo 7 in post 7 shows Arthur Seyß-Inquart at zakopane on the balcony there. This could make dating the images possible. The RFSS images you posted are also very interesting, it may be possible to identify these men too hopefully. Thanks for posting a very interesting album

Cheers,
    Gerard
    Thank you Gerard, I suppose I got lucky in purchasing this album. I do not usually collect photo's but the images in this one intrigued me. I took a chance and spent a substantial amount of money for this item but the feedback from forum members makes me feel like it was worth it. Thanks, Al

?

The last photo of Arthur Seyss Inquart executed as a war criminal during the Nuremberg trials. He's not smiling anymore

SS Photo Album
    Photo credit: W. Kramer

SS Photo Album

SS Photo Album

SS Photo Album

SS Photo Album
    Regards, Al

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3