Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Photo Album 'Der Fuhrer'

Article about: Hello folks. Well, there go the last of my W&P savings! I wasn't going to spend the remainder, but after Espenlaub listed this on their site, I couldn't resist. This is by far the most I

The Austrian town of Sierning, that Karl left to go to war.
    SS Photo Album 'Der Fuhrer'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Photo Album 'Der Fuhrer'
    P
    Many

Thank you all for the praise, and for the additional information. I’m glad I was in the right place at the right time to purchase this album. It wasn’t cheap, but anything SS-related never is!

Karl’s listing in the database as a Kanonier would fit with him being a mortar man, wouldn’t it?

Regards, B.B.

Great found B.B
    Albums were a very good source to see the live of a Soldier during the War and its history
    BR
    Bavarian

Kanonier is normally associated as an artillery rank, unless the man on the VDK site isn't him?

?

Excellent Photo album BB.
    Congrats

Semper Fi
    Phil

Kanonier is normally associated as an artillery rank, unless the man on the VDK site isn't him?

Am I right in thinking Der Führer we're withdrawn from the front in June 42? In which case Karl was an unfortunate loss before they were moved from the fighting?

BB, that is quite the pickup. The clarity on some of these images is quite amazing. If that is Karl in the last photo of the soldier in the trench then you can certainly see how the strain and horrors of war have aged him. Money well spent.
    Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    BB, that is quite the pickup. The clarity on some of these images is quite amazing. If that is Karl in the last photo of the soldier in the trench then you can certainly see how the strain and horrors of war have aged him. Money well spent.
    Andy
    Thanks, Andy. I don't believe that last photo is him, as that man holds the rank of 'Obersturmführer', whereas Karl had only reached the rank of 'Sturmmann' by the time of his death. Aside from the mortar team photos, and the large photo in image three, I haven't been able to pick Karl out from amongst his comrades.

B.B.

CBH
    ?

I would think it's his commanding officer, as he appears in a couple of photos.

I'm with CBH, great photo of the Obersturmfuhrer in the camo smock. It may be possible to identify him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast