Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

SS and SD Signature identifications

Article about: I inherited many documents from relatives who served in the Ahnenerbe, 1. SS-Division Leibstandarte, SD and some others. On some documents i can't make out the signature so i would like to u

That relates to Demjansk as well. Inf.Rgt 503 & Art.Rgt 290 both belong to 290.Infanterie-Division. This situation map is for 1st April 1942 and shows the pocket.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS and SD Signature identifications
    P
    Many

#23 might be - although it is an outside chance - Traugott Meyer (born 5th Nov 1904 and died 10th Nov 1947).

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    That relates to Demjansk as well. Inf.Rgt 503 & Art.Rgt 290 both belong to 290.Infanterie-Division. This situation map is for 1st April 1942 and shows the pocket.

Thanks, i got to read up on this, i got more documents mentioning the same Regiments without date, this will help me put them together despite having no date.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    #23 might be - although it is an outside chance - Traugott Meyer (born 5th Nov 1904 and died 10th Nov 1947).
    Thanks! Do you have any source or reading on him? I assume he was one of those that got executed after the war seeing the date.

Here is another signature from early 1940 of the Ravensbrück Concentration Camp somebody here might be able to identify.

?

A SS-Hauptsturmführer from the 7. SS Division Prinz Eugen (not 100% certain)
    I kept the text in as it might help identifying him. End of October 1942

Thanks in advance

#45 could be Werner Schumacher (born 14th Dec 1914). I have a Führerstellenbesetzung for PE dated for July 1943 (although it misses out lots of names) and Schumacher is listed with that rank and as the Kdr of the Prinz Eugen Nachr.Abt.

?

Hi Komoto,

I discovered your post whilst searching through Internet about my grandfather Heinrich Bernhard, born 13 March 1897. He held the rank of Sturmbannführer in 1938. I'm absolutely sure that the signature you show in your post (#11) is the signature of my grandfather.
    Hereafter is an other of his signatures in a private letter dating from 1957:
    I would be very grateful if you could send me a copy of this document
    Best regards
    P. Bernhard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5