Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Stamp

Article about: Hi Forum I have just bought this stamp, I am in doubt, is it a copy, fake or real ? IT is the pictures from the seller, I havent received yet if you want better pics Regards John

Default Stamp

Hi Forum
    I have just bought this stamp, I am in doubt, is it a copy, fake or real ?
    IT is the pictures from the seller, I havent received yet if you want better pics
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamp   Stamp  

Attached Images Attached Images Stamp  Stamp 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamp
    P
    Many

Hi there.

My knowledge on period stampers is not the best, but I will say that I have never seen an image like that before and normally the face of the stamp is reversed. What I mean by this is that if you put ink on the face and stamp a piece of paper the swastika on this would be the wrong way round.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hi Will
    Thank you for your help, I will try it with some ink when I receive it
    Kind Regards
    John

This is a fantasy stamp.

The Eagle head is supposed to be for the Luftwaffe Observer Pilot Clasp, Frontflugspange fur Aufklarer.

It is well done and crafted and possibly the Eagle was from a clasp but it is a fantasy post war (in my opinion) production.

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamp  

Hi Smitty
    Now I have received the stamp, if it is a fantasy stamp it is weel done, it is massive steel 161 Gram, and the base has not been solded, it is one piece, so who would use that amout of time and also having the machinery ?

Regards John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamp   Stamp  

Stamp   Stamp  

Stamp   Stamp  

Stamp  

?

As Smitty mentions above, it is the central part of the Frontflugspange für Aufklärer.

I do not believe this is an original stamp.

First of all, the eagle's head and wreath is inset by what appears to be several mm within the body of the stamp. You say it is one piece so there is no plunger to press the design forward on contact with paper. You would just be left with a ring of ink.

Secondly, the stamp part is in the exact profile as the award. If you were able to put it on an ink pad and make a stamp, the eagle's eye is standing more proud than the head which is more proud than the beak, which in turn is proud of the wreath. I suggest the only part that would make a mark would be the eye, the tip of the beak and the bottom of the eagle's neck unless you stamped into something soft like a toilet roll.

And as already observed, it would be backwards.

I have never seen an original stamp of an award, there is simply no need for it, it serves no purpose. And if original, where are the stamps for the fighter clasps, the bomber clasps etc?

It's a put together piece or a fantasy piece. I recommend you seek a return and refund.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you very much, you are correct, it is a fantasy item, but I will keep it, it is a rare fantasy item :-)

Maybe its a cookie cutter.......