Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Sturmabteilung Koch Eben Emael May 1940.

Article about: I have always had an interest in the airborne assault on Fortress Eben Emael, have visited it, read about it. Below is a casualty card for Helmuth Bögle who was a member of Sturmabteilung K

Default Sturmabteilung Koch Eben Emael May 1940.

I have always had an interest in the airborne assault on Fortress Eben Emael, have visited it, read about it. Below is a casualty card for Helmuth Bögle who was a member of Sturmabteilung Koch and killed on 10th May during the assault.

Perhaps other members might like to post Sturmabteilung Koch related documents in this thread? Does anyone have a sterbebild for Bögle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturmabteilung Koch Eben Emael May 1940.
    P
    Many

I hope that WAF member Eric Queen won’t mind me placing the sterbebild of Helmuth Bögle in this thread, I understand this is from Eric’s own collection. What a great find!

Helmuth belonged to Trupp 5, whose task was the MICA antiaircraft position on the plateau of the fort Eben Emael. He was killed while attacking the "Baraquement Graindorge" (barrack building). This housed the personnel that maintained the weapons of the Fort. Trupp 5 together with the men of Trupp 8 attacked the position, throwing 3 hollow charges inside. Otto Unger (Trupp 8), Helmuth Bögle died during the attack.

?

So there are not Sturmabteilung Koch related documents, but just some pages from a soldier's photo album concerning Eben-Emael.