Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What am I looking at here?

Article about: I just got a box in the mail from Luftwaffe 1941 in a trade we did recently. I am thrilled at everything he sent, so if I post things that he has already shown you in the past - bear with me

Default What am I looking at here?

I just got a box in the mail from Luftwaffe 1941 in a trade we did recently. I am thrilled at everything he sent, so if I post things that he has already shown you in the past - bear with me, I'm excited!

What am I looking at here?

This first photo is quite intriguing. I see five German soldiers, and the reflection of a sixth on this vehicle they're on. My first thought was a sd.kfs. 251/10, but I don't think it's that because of the windows and the gun shield. Both don't look like what would belong on a sd.kfs. 251/10. Perhaps a sd.kfs. 7 with a gun mount? Maybe I'm overthinking it... Anyways, even though the photo is dark (I enhanced it for better viewing) I still like it. Unfortunately it is not dated or marked with anything useful. Only the number "50" is written on the back.

What am I looking at here?What am I looking at here?

This next photo is of a German fella enjoying a smoke in the sun. Smoking a pipe that is. A plate with some silverware (AH Marked??)is on the chair beside him, meaning he had a meal of some sort. What did he eat? (I'm jesting, settle down - no one has that info)

I'm not sure what's on the chair behind him. German stuff I'm assuming. The photo is dated 8/4/42, and there is some other writing on the back. My German is pretty rough, and the cursive isn't helping either. I can't make out exactly what it says. Can any of y'all?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What am I looking at here?
    P
    Many

?

First I thought the writing said; “Vater geniesst das Pfeifchen” (Father enjoys a pipe) but the second word looks more like ‘gemiefst’ which, according to Google translate, would translate as ‘stinks’

Maybe a German native could translate or read that word better than me.

Kind regards

Genießt is the 2nd word.....”dad enjoys a pipe “ per the frau

TWS
    ?

Quote by KatManDude View Post
    Genießt is the 2nd word.....”dad enjoys a pipe “ per the frau
    Ich stimme zu.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."