Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you call this and are there more examples like this?

Article about: Hi, Who is able to help me wit the following. I have acquired a year ago this item. When I read it is a list of strength of people and horses. How many people are in battle strength (women a

?

Default What do you call this and are there more examples like this?

Hi,

Who is able to help me wit the following. I have acquired a year ago this item. When I read it is a list of strength of people and horses. How many people are in battle strength (women and horses excluded), or free (urlaub), daily strenght. How many horse there are. Not sure about the subcategory above the horses. R., L.Z., S.Z. and s.s.Z.

It looks like the defense of a city or town, also because it is dated to March 16 1945 and at that time the Germans could only defend.

There are decknamen (aliases) on the list and on the right which regiment, division are corresponding with the names;

I think I read Mekka
    Decknamen - Aliases - Regiment (perhaps Mekka is the alias for the entire regiment?)
    Botaniker - Botanicus = Abteilung 1
    Ornament - Ornament = Abteilung 2
    Donnerschlag - Thunder = Abteilung 3
    Deickrichter - Dike Judge = Abteilung 4
    Marktplatz - Marketplace = Batterie 10
    Orgelspiel - Organ play = Batterie 11
    Eiskalte - Ice cold = Batterie 12

There is a cordinate key numbered 1 to 0 with under the corresponding letters underneath with word "Burgfichte" which would mean "castle spruce"

Here under it is about food, port B. included, Rough b. included

The amount of ammunition. There seem to be only AZ. DZ. and HL. and I think "BO"

Then again a list of people? and a lot of abbreviations used

What do you call this and are there more examples like this?What do you call this and are there more examples like this?What do you call this and are there more examples like this?What do you call this and are there more examples like this?What do you call this and are there more examples like this?

Have you ever seen something like this? I can not find anything that could pin point me to a specific location where this could have been used. It looks to me to be authentic.

Thank you up front!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you call this and are there more examples like this?
    P
    Many

Looks to be the Daily Report Book for an Artillery Officer from a Battery or the likes. Strength would be O-Officer U-NCO M-Privates and Fr.W-Freiwillige/Volunteers.

The Horses appear to be catagorised in R-Ridden und various forms of carriage/pulled (Z-Zug)
    The Aliases are exactly that, just callsigns for Radio traffic.
    Burgfichte is the Daily substitution chiffre for 1-0
    Food supply reads:
    Hafer not Hafen so they're referring to Oats
    Rauhf. is Roughage so Hay/Straw
    Munition would seem to be Referring to Shells or fuzes:
    AZ-Impact
    DZ- T & P
    HL- Shaped charge
    Bo- Could be Boden so Base Fuzed

What I'm missing is where they are, The Chiffre is there but no Area or Coordinates
    Last edited by Teck 147; 08-05-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Quote by Teck 147 View Post
    Looks to be the Daily Report Book for an Artillery Officer from a Battery or the likes. Strength would be O-Officer U-NCO M-Privates and Fr.W-Freiwillige/Volunteers.

The Horses appear to be catagorised in R-Ridden und various forms of carriage/pulled (Z-Zug)
    The Aliases are exactly that, just callsigns for Radio traffic.
    Burgfichte is the Daily substitution chiffre for 1-0
    Food supply reads:
    Hafer not Hafen so they're referring to Oats
    Rauhf. is Roughage so Hay/Straw
    Munition would seem to be Referring to Shells or fuzes:
    AZ-Impact
    DZ-T & P
    HL- Shaped charge
    Bo- Could be Boden so Base Fuzed

What I'm missing is where they are, The Chiffre is there but no Area or Coordinates
    I agree this is some kind of unit status report which would be known in English as a "Daily Strength / Status Report" and might have been used to compile a return to higher echelon or simply as a daily admin /management tool within the unit command structure (which would be why there is no precise location, that would be bad for operational security I think).

A very interesting item and something I have not seen before even in photographs.

Thanks for showing.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-05-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Never seen anything like this, very nice find and scope for further research assuming their is identifying elements within it. It reminds me of the Meldetasche carried by a unit Speiss although some of the duties would not be within his area of duties. Given the late date anything is possible. A rare item.

Just found this....
    Ask google for a copy of this manual.
    My version is to big to upload
    Titel.pdf

What do you call this and are there more examples like this?

This is a really great resource!

As Tck says, if you google ‘German Military Abbreviations’ multiple websites have this document..

https://usacac.army.mil/sites/defaul...c/number12.pdf

?

Ok thank you for explaning that make a lot more sense !

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Never seen anything like this, very nice find and scope for further research assuming their is identifying elements within it. It reminds me of the Meldetasche carried by a unit Speiss although some of the duties would not be within his area of duties. Given the late date anything is possible. A rare item.
    That it is most certainly!

?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    This is a really great resource!

As Tck says, if you google ‘German Military Abbreviations’ multiple websites have this document..

https://usacac.army.mil/sites/defaul...c/number12.pdf
    I didn't know this document it is a good resource. I will download a copy of it :-) thanks!

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I'd say you're right. It was was a BSM's (Batterie-Feldwebel) summary for S1 and/or S4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast