Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.

Article about: Vinzenz was born on April 16th 1910 in Saarlautern, Germany. During his time in service he was the rank of Unteroffizier and served in a Grenadier Regiment. He was the recipient of the Iron

Default WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.

WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.
    Vinzenz was born on April 16th 1910 in Saarlautern, Germany. During his time in service he was the rank of Unteroffizier and served in a Grenadier Regiment. He was the recipient of the Iron Cross 2nd class, Eastern Medal and infantry assault badge in silver. The card states that on March 20th 1943 after “Successfully surviving the western campaign” he was killed in action in the East.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.
    P
    Many

Hi there.

I found a couple of casualty cards for Vinzenz.

Pg = Parteigenosse (party member)

Vinzenz Michel Jakob Gergen
    Birth Date: 16 April 1910
    Birth Place: Saarlautern
    Military Unit: 12./Kompanie (Maschinengewehr) Grenadier Regiment 533
    Death Date: 20 Mar 1943
    Death Place: Yasnaya Polyana/Jasnaja-Poljana
    His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Granatsplitter kopf und brust (killed in action: Shrapnel head and chest).

Vinzenz Jakob Michel Gergen has probably been transferred as an unknown soldier to the military cemetery Kursk - Besedino.

Interestingly I think the writing on the rear of the green casualty card says Nicht erfasst, da gebiet vom Feind bezetzt (Not recorded as area is occupied by the enemy) and could refer to his grave location not being recorded. Maybe someone from his unit saw him fall, but there was no time to bury him properly because of enemy pressure.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.   WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.  

WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.   WW2 German Death Card of Vinzenz Gergen.  

Thank you for all the additional information! I didn’t know that Pg. meant party member. Very interesting

My pleasure.

The Pg is an interesting little extra you see on death cards from time to time and I guess it was added to show loyalty to the regime.

His list of awards also includes a Verwundeten-Abzeichen...Lots of information on this particular card, thanks for showing!