Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2e Régiment Etranger de Génie Plaque

Article about: I have just picked up this 'plaque' (which I assume was) presented by the NCOs of 2e Régiment Etranger de Génie - 2nd Engineer Regiment of the French Foreign Legion. There are no markings

Question 2e Régiment Etranger de Génie Plaque

2e Régiment Etranger de Génie Plaque

I have just picked up this 'plaque' (which I assume was) presented by the NCOs of 2e Régiment Etranger de Génie - 2nd Engineer Regiment of the French Foreign Legion.

There are no markings on reverse etc. Am I correct in assuming that this is a memento presented to organisations / people that have assisted or are otherwise deemed worthy by the NCOs of the Regiment?

Since the Regiment was formed in 1999 it can be no older than that, but an interesting factor is that I bought it in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. It could have belonged to a Tajik member of the Legion (no idea how many of those there might be), but I guess it is more likely to date from between late 2001 & late 2012 when French forces were active in the ISAF / OEF operations in Afghanistan. It could therefore have 'migrated' with somebody from Afghanistan, or been presented from staff at the French support base in Tajikistan.

I am trying some searches but few specifics are coming up. Would anybody be able to with more information on when / why this might have been presented?

Any help would be much appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2e Régiment Etranger de Génie Plaque
    P
    Many