Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bag Gasmask Light UK/NL 60's

Article about: Cheers RickW for this one. Thought I'd scan the manual and show the bag's presents in a certain lighting set

Default Bag Gasmask Light UK/NL 60's

Cheers RickW for this one.
    Thought I'd scan the manual and the bag must be treated?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bag Gasmask Light UK/NL 60's
    P
    Many

Crap I think it's Danish? please correct me!

It’s a British haversack, reissued by Denmark postwar. They designated it the M/45 ‘Engelsk’ (English). The ‘CF’ under crown stamp inside the lid marks it as Danish military property.

B.B.

Cheers BB, love ya work Mate

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers BB, love ya work Mate
    No problem! Gas masks are one of the few areas where I can say I know my onions.

These haversacks and masks are very common on the UK market. They’re a mixture of wartime- and postwar-produced equipment, usually the former, all with the ‘CF’ Danish military stamps. It’s actually pretty hard to find original unaltered ‘LAG’ masks these days. If you look closely, there might be a date marking somewhere on the strap.

B.B.

CF stands for Civil Defense.

As I understand it Denmark received a lot of Surplus from UK at the start of the cold war and the LAGR was issued to the Civilforsvaret (Civil Defence) but converted from the Old 60mm filters to NATO 40mm via the medium of a little plastic conversion kit that screwed into the Filter intake.
    there seems to be a lot of similarities between Danish and British gear especially in the Civil Defence, if you can find the 80s Danish Civilforsvaret Trousers they retain a British Style 37 pattern Dressing pocket on the side and the CF "backpack" Tool kits seem based on 37 pattern Webbing. interestingly the link carries on with The Danish Luftmeldekorpset (Air recognition Corps with a Nuclear warning and Monitoring role) was very closely involved with the UK's Royal Observer Corps and the UKWMO more generally.