Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British Civil Defence Corps Greatcoat

Article about: Recent (ish) Pickup to add to the Collection of Civil Defence Kit (more being uploaded later) this is quite an interesting one, produced in the very early days of the Corps after their refor

Default British Civil Defence Corps Greatcoat

Recent (ish) Pickup to add to the Collection of Civil Defence Kit (more being uploaded later) this is quite an interesting one, produced in the very early days of the Corps after their reformation post war, this greatcoat still carries the Wartime Designation of "Greatcoat, Men's C.D Pattern ARP 69.A." (the "A" indicating Austerity model and ARP of course Standing for Air Raid Precautions) it would seem that either late 1950 or early 51 they changed the designation to Greatcoat Man's C.D 19, as I haven't been able to find anymore With the 69.A. nomenclature post '51 (though if anyone knows of an exact date I'd be very much obliged) from my research the fact this has the ARP Nomenclature makes this example Quite rare (I haven't been able to find another one for sale anywhere with the ARP Label) anyway hope you chaps enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Civil Defence Corps Greatcoat   British Civil Defence Corps Greatcoat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British Civil Defence Corps Greatcoat
    P
    Many

There’s a number of CD Facebook groups and a very useful Civil Defence website run by a guy called Craig Smith. I’m sorry I can’t help with clothes but someone there will I’m sure.