MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)

Article about: Hello everyone. I recently added this to the collection. It is the first type French model 51 canteen cover which uses the US style 'Lift The Dot' buttons as seen on the US model m1910 cante

Default French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)

Hello everyone.

I recently added this to the collection. It is the first type French model 51 canteen cover which uses the US style 'Lift The Dot' buttons as seen on the US model m1910 canteen cover. The second type you will encounter uses press studs. This 1954 dated example appears to have been made by MGM, but I have not been able to find out the name of the company.

Webbingbabel: French Army Canteen Mod 51
    Gourde Mle51 - Page 2

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)   French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)  

French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)   French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)  

French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)   French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)  

French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement French Army canteen cover model 51 (Housse de gourde modèle 51)
    P
    Many

Nice example! I have 2 Mle 51 canteens with the 2nd type covers.

Hi there.

Thank you for the comment. I have recently started to collect French Indochina/Algeria war period items, so I am quite new to this field. Please feel free to post pictures of your canteen sets here too.

Kind regards,

Will.