Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.

Article about: Hello everyone. I recently picked up these French 'Lizard' camo trousers. I had been interested in getting a pair for quite a while and I got these for a really good price compared to what I

Default French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.

Hello everyone.

I recently picked up these French 'Lizard' camo trousers. I had been interested in getting a pair for quite a while and I got these for a really good price compared to what I see them sell for. I think they are known as TTA 47, but am happy to be corrected.

TTA47 "toutes armes" or "modele general", "modele allege"

The size label is missing and the only stamp I can make out says NH which I have seen on other items of this type. NH is an abbreviation for non hydrofugé (not water-repellent).

I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable then myself could help to confirm which variant these are (I am thinking 47/54 or 47/56) and give an approximate date of manufacture.

If any additional photos are needed, please ask.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.   French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.  

French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.   French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.  

Last edited by Willmore; 03-21-2023 at 01:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.
    P
    Many

the pair I own, with IDF stamps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.   French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry.

That is a really nice pair, thank you for posting them.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Hello everyone.

I recently picked up these French 'Lizard' camo trousers. I had been interested in getting a pair for quite a while and I got these for a really good price compared to what I see them sell for. I think they are known as TTA 47, but am happy to be corrected.

TTA47 "toutes armes" or "modele general", "modele allege"

The size label is missing and the only stamp I can make out says NH which I have seen on other items of this type. NH is an abbreviation for non hydrofugé (not water-repellent).

I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable then myself could help to confirm which variant these are (I am thinking 47/54 or 47/56) and give an approximate date of manufacture.

If any additional photos are needed, please ask.

Kind regards,

Will.
    I Will, your trousers are I believe 1947 modified in 1959, last modification. What make me say that is the single button (exposed) closing the trousers. Prior models had two smaller button, some hidden (mod.1950) some exposed (mod. in 1953 but officially labelled mod.1954!). Hope it help. Jack

Hi Jack.

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

My pleasure Will, I'm learning as well.
    Jack

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    the pair I own, with IDF stamps
    These are TAP, not TTA, and the single back pocket and brown buttons indicate earlier production. Nice pair!

?

Default TAP trousers precision. For your information.

by jerry b view post
    the pair i own, with idf stamps

these are tap, not tta, and the single back pocket and brown buttons indicate earlier production. Nice pair.
    Hi guys, those trousers are TAP 1947/1956. The left back pocket is deleted starting in Octoder 1961. From: Paras français en Algérie 1954-1962 page 70.

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    Hi guys, those trousers are TAP 1947/1956. The left back pocket is deleted starting in Octoder 1961. From: Paras français en Algérie 1954-1962 page 70.
    You are right about the 2 back pockets being earlier, I mixed it up.

?

You are right about the 2 back pockets being earlier, I mixed it up.
    No problem, many models, many modifications within lizard camo patterns

Attachment 1651075

#0 is the Denison para smock, the original inspiration for the French lizard pattern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French TTA47 Lizard pattern trousers.  
    Last edited by Jack59; 05-04-2023 at 08:54 PM. Reason: source origin