Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?

Article about: Hi all. I have been after a decent post- war HSAT for a while and picked this one up off the Bay. Unfortunately missing the crown pad but I am intrigued by the "21 Flight" written

Default HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?

Hi all. I have been after a decent post- war HSAT for a while and picked this one up off the Bay. Unfortunately missing the crown pad but I am intrigued by the "21 Flight" written on the front of the liner. The only reference that I can find to this is 21 (Para) Flight, Army Air Corps. This Flight was operational between 1961 and 1967 so fits the time frame of the helmet. They were also deployed to Cyprus for six months in 1964 and again in 1965 as part of the UN force monitoring the fragile ceasefire between the Turks and Cypriots so possibly this helmet was used there.

These are my thoughts, but if anyone is able to suggest another meaning for "21 Flight" I would be interested to hear it. All the best. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?   HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?  

HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?   HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?  

HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?   HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?  

HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HSAT, CCL 1961, 21 (Para) Flight Army Air Corps?
    P
    Many

...not wishing to patronise you my friend...but thank you for presenting something you've researched yourself beforehand...so many Posts are "whats this"....and I really appreciated your pre-post work.

Sadly I can't help you.....but I don't think we do enough here about calling out bad posts and singling out good ones!

HNY!

Thanks for the kind words and a Happy New Year to yourself. I left the enquiry open just in case someone chimed in with a better idea than 21 Flight AAC, but that's the only match I could come up with.