Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Katanga / congo events and mercenaries actions

Article about: Hello I begin a new thread about the events in Congo - Katanga and mercenaries actions during the 60's and somes items later So, if you have items, don't hesitate to show them @+, hughes the

Thank you!

Here is something nice. A Katangese Gendarm helmet that was captured by a Swedish UN officer and brought back to Sweden.

Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions
    P
    Many

Belgian FN M/1924 bayonets. These were captured during the assualt on the Gendarm camp in Kaminaville new years eve 1962. The troops that participated was given these with the name Kaminaville painted on them as a memory of the battle.

?

Hi, thanks for sharing these items, the liner is great, I know 2 in belgian collection, hope to find one a day. FFor the patches, the blue with the eagle is for the Austria army who participate with the UN in congo during the events, the other one is the patch of a kantegese city, my friend search to identify the city
    Regards, hughes

?

hello

airborne and pilot wings of the katangese gendarmerie, in bullion
    no much information about these model, made in 60's or after the events or fantasy, never had the answer

@+, hughes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions   Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions  

?

hi

unfortunately a single shoulderboard
    it's 1st belgian para shloulderboard with a little katangese insigne , probably worn by a mercenary

@+, hughes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions   Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions  

Hello,

Just got this nice hat. The police badge came with it but was not attached to the hat. It was brought back to Sweden by a UN veteran that served in Congo. Can anyone tell me more about it? Is it police or is it from the Katangese gendarms? Does this hat bagde belong to this type of hat?

Regards
    Andreas

Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions   Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions  

?

Hi, nice visor cap, the badge is for the katangeese police, the visor cap is also for the police, the badge could be belong to this visor cap

@+, hughes

?

hello,

my last find, a katangeese flag made in coton

@+, hughes

?

these items are a piece of history that is often passed over! so sad!

?

Talking

This collection triggered me to get a bit more educated on the Congo story and I've just finished this book.

There are probably better books but I thought it gave a good summary of events and contrary to the title did cover the main events out to 1967.

Thanks for planting the seed
    Steve.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast