Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

mystery Korean War items

Article about: I've had these for a couple of years as they came with a Korean War grouping but I've never been able to identify what they're for/what they are. If anyone has any idea or clues or what they

?

Default mystery Korean War items

I've had these for a couple of years as they came with a Korean War grouping but I've never been able to identify what they're for/what they are.
    If anyone has any idea or clues or what they could be it would be greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mystery Korean War items   mystery Korean War items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement mystery Korean War items
    P
    Many

The top is a name tag that would have been worn on fatigues. The Korean writing on the bottom would have been this man's name in Korean hangul characters so that the KATUSAs (Korean Augmentee to the US Army) Would know his name.

The name tapes are not too common, they are in different colors, I have seen black, red and blue as well as green.

The bottom is a typical souvenir made from scrap that could have been picked up anywhere, aluminum is most common around airbases and was most likely salvaged from airplanes..

The scrap was sold to Koreans who turned items into these souvenirs such as belt buckles, cigarette cases and other objects..

These are nice looking..

Shelby Stanton's Book "US Army Uniforms of the Korean War" show these type of name tags being worn..

Photo Credit: Shelby Stanton, US Army Uniforms of the Korean War.

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mystery Korean War items  

The tag looks like it was a personalized marking for a uniform or something. What are their dimensions?

Smitty beat me to it. I was thinking the aluminum piece was on a belt buckle too perhaps. Unless it’s too small.

?

Thanks Smitty! your information and time is greatly appreciated

?

They are very nice
    Cheers Rick