Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1st Cav patch

Article about: Good morning everyone, Wanted to ask you: is it normal for the 1st cav patch to be on the right sleeve of a M65 jacket? Thanks a lot for your help! Keep safe

Hi guys

Collect18 I was figuring out the Tab 175 mm , which I believe is to do with 175mm FA Battalions assigned to IFFV. Note IFFV has velvet panels theatre made.

I agree with Smitty summation. All the insignia is theatre made except 1st Cav SSI. I believe this Individual was proud of his Service with 1st Cav (FWTS) he decided to add the coloured SSI.

Another interesting point is the name tag "Suthrland" which could be a spelling mistake? Now with the Cav SSI being cut edge it looks to be around or at the latest 1965-67 before they changed over to merrow edge SSI.

Rick is yours a 3rd pattern OG 107? Apart from the SSI and rank the rest looks to be theatre made.

Not sure what you meant by this comment "The 1st Cav patch alone is worth way more than the rest of it." I disagree the sum of all parts make the Jacket a very desirable and collectible item.

The SSI are cut edge which was used up to 1966/67 before they started to phase in Merrowed edge patches.

Both patched jackets are superb Vietnam era.

Phill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Cav patch
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2