Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Cambodia Order of Cambodia Grand Cross set Breast star and sash badge with full original silk sash and cased by Chobillon

Article about: Hello guys, I was wondering if you guys think this set of Cambodian grand cross breast star and badge is 1. In its original set and not pieces added together from different sets? 2. If they

Talking Cambodia Order of Cambodia Grand Cross set Breast star and sash badge with full original silk sash and cased by Chobillon

Hello guys, I was wondering if you guys think this set of Cambodian grand cross breast star and badge is
    1. In its original set and not pieces added together from different sets?

2. If they are correct (genuine) pieces as well and not copied later pieces?

3. When as in which period in time do you think these are manufactured?

This set is just interesting to me as it looks fairly similar to the Annam dragon medal badge i happen to have.

Cambodia Order of Cambodia Grand Cross set Breast star and sash badge with full original silk sash and cased by ChobillonCambodia Order of Cambodia Grand Cross set Breast star and sash badge with full original silk sash and cased by ChobillonCambodia Order of Cambodia Grand Cross set Breast star and sash badge with full original silk sash and cased by Chobillon

Thank you !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cambodia Order of Cambodia Grand Cross set Breast star and sash badge with full original silk sash and cased by Chobillon
    P
    Many

Well it appears to be the Royal Order of Cambodia, pre-independance era, (the European crown) but photos are not really good enough to be certain on authenticity but looks like it is probably good. There are books published on Cambodian orders and decorations which might be worth investing in as this is a niche collecting area. This is the sort of thing diplomats serving in Cambodia would get given by the King after some period of service and assistance.

Thanks for the information Anderson, I will try to get some books for Cambodian medals and enhance my research. As I suspected the red and green silk ribbon indicates that it is given by Cambodia to French and not the other way around, the crown means that it is an early piece and not a more modern piece as a modern piece will have funny looking shape in the place of the original crown. Lastly this set of grand cross is probably made in Cambodia and not Europe, as the crown lacks the cross which normally indicates it is manufactured in Europe.

Just my own research so far, thanks again Anderson