Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage

Article about: Gents, I happened upon these interesting items that were given to me by my stepfather. His brother whom recently passed, served in Vietnam and these items were brought back and stowed in his

Default Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage

Gents,

I happened upon these interesting items that were given to me by my stepfather. His brother whom recently passed, served in Vietnam and these items were brought back and stowed in his footlocker.

I'm not versed at all with the various patterns of camouflage of the Vietnam War, and would love to hear the experts opinion.

Thank you for any details you can provide me.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage   Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage  

Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage   Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage
    P
    Many

It appears to be a South Korean marine uniform. Not sure of the terminology for this specific pattern of camouflage, though.

B.B.

Brodie,

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it!

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Brodie,

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it!
    I'm glad I was able to help. If it wasn't for the Hangul letters and the anchor on the printed logo, I wouldn't have had a clue!

B.B.

There should be a label with the date inside. The pattern is based on the US Marines M1942 pattern that is called either "Frog skin" or "Duckhunter". The Korean military did serve in Vietnam.

Anderson,

Thank you as well for your expertise. Unfortunately, there are no labels or additional stamping.

Joel

?

Nice!
    Korean Marines, from Vietnam... that’s got to be fairly rare.
    That’s calling out for some headgear and a set of equipment... and a mannequin!
    Excellent.

Kohima,

Thank you as well for your kind words. From what I've gathered it is a bit of a rarer find. And befitting to go on the hunt for additional kit!

Joel

South Korea sent their 2nd Marine Brigade to Vietnam in 1965. They didn't like commies, and probably were feared more than US forces by the Vietcong.

Interesting Vietnam War Camouflage

Anderson,

Definitely a very capable fighting force motivated by their obvious reasons. Thank you for sharing the picture. I certainly want to due my due diligence and learn more about their exploits in Vietnam.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast