Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jet Pilot Helmet Help Please

Article about: I am asking for some help with this helmet and the insignia. I bought it because of the cool factor and fair price. My thoughts are a Vietnam Era jet pilot helmet by Gentex. Is this a HGU 55

Default Jet Pilot Helmet Help Please

I am asking for some help with this helmet and the insignia. I bought it because of the cool factor and fair price. My thoughts are a Vietnam Era jet pilot helmet by Gentex. Is this a HGU 55, APH 6C or other? I had also looked but not able to find the unit insignia information either. Help on both is appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Jet Pilot Helmet Help PleaseJet Pilot Helmet Help PleaseJet Pilot Helmet Help PleaseJet Pilot Helmet Help PleaseJet Pilot Helmet Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jet Pilot Helmet Help Please
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

No idea but cool helmet!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    No idea but cool helmet!
    Agree!

?

Where's Phil

Hey John, give us a looksy of the inside

I packed into the gun show bins to bring to the show tomorrow to help find info. There should be a large number of Vietnam vets at the show that may help ID. I will be back on Monday. The liner is missing and looks like it was adhered to a 1/2 thick layer of dense white polystyrene foam molded to the helmet inside and split down the middle to allow for installation. I should have taken the pick originally.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I packed into the gun show bins to bring to the show tomorrow to help find info. There should be a large number of Vietnam vets at the show that may help ID. I will be back on Monday. The liner is missing and looks like it was adhered to a 1/2 thick layer of dense white polystyrene foam molded to the helmet inside and split down the middle to allow for installation. I should have taken the pick originally.
    John
    Cool like my chopper helmet?

Yes, similar. Thank you for posting.
    John

Inside pic. Apologies for taking so long.
    John

Jet Pilot Helmet Help Please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast