Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Need help. Unidentified Vietnam helmet camoflauge

Article about: hi I need to know which camoflauge is in this Vietnam helmet. Liner is dated US 56 is needed and helmet seems to have some rust along the inside with names.

Hi there,

As the other colleagues have said correctly, you have an ERDL (Engineer Research & Development Laboratories) pattern helmet cover from 1977.

In addition to the stamp with the manufacturer and contract number, this can be seen on the olive inside.

The early ERDL covers were only produced in 1969 (DSA 100-69-C-1701). Purpose was probably the Vietnam War.

The main difference to the later ERDL production was the coloring. The ERDL cover from 1969 was green dominant and only printed on one side and the color "bleed" through the fabric.

The later ERDL was produced from 1972 to 1983 and was brown dominated.

Here I once presented a helmet with an ERDL cover from 1969.

Late Vietnam War M1 Helmet

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help. Unidentified Vietnam helmet camoflauge
    P
    Many

?

Hi. Do you know the reason why they made. Miniature medals? I’m about to by a ww2/Vietnam ran navy uniform with ww2 miniature medals with minsure Vietnam medals? If you want to search him up his name is Kevin huckstepp served from 1943-1969

Quote by Will95 View Post
    Hi. Do you know the reason why they made. Miniature medals? I’m about to by a ww2/Vietnam ran navy uniform with ww2 miniature medals with minsure Vietnam medals? If you want to search him up his name is Kevin huckstepp served from 1943-1969
    This is a thread about a helmet. Please do not try to start a thread within a thread especially on a totally different subject.

Read the forum rules and policies.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Will,... I agree with Watchdog that if you have an unrelated question that doesnt support this thread..it would be best to start another thread to ask that question about Mini medals.
    Each thread is centered on the original topic for a complete study so as to support that topic with experience and research.
    We do realize this is your thread ...but it is important to keep unrelated questions separate in their own threads.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi. Ok I do understand. I’m about to get some new stuff and will post another forum on these sorts of stuff thanks. But a question for Koreans at stuff do I just post it on the Vietnam forum?

Hi Will ..you can post any Korean artifacts or Info here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/post-wwii-conflicts/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You had asked a question regarding what Australian forces wore for headgear during the Vietnam War, I've never seen images of them even in Vietnam even in the field in anything other than a bush hat or sometimes a slouch hat in garrison (barracks, patrol base). There are plenty of images of this available to look at online. Not wearing a helmet takes stones but puts them on par with the ballsyness of going into combat in a pith helmet versus a steel helmet with fiber liner.

You should take the advice others have offered and just swap the wrong non-war time liner out with a nice used Mitchell pattern helmet cover. Of course you'll need a foliage band without cat eyes as well to complete the look of a GI issued Vietnam era m1.

Best to you.

René, Bon Matin

Isnt that a still from a movie?

I know from archival images when 1 RAR landed at Vung Tau they were wearing steel helmets but when you look at operational images of them on patrol in the field they area all wearing bush hats, not M1 helmets.

Men of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, search for retreating Viet Cong in August 1966

1 RAR

Members of the ANZAC Battalion, which comprised Australian and New Zealand troops, cross a paddy field near Nui Dat in South Vietnam

Served alongside some diggers from 1 RAR during Kangaroo 95. Wonderful time and memory in Townsville and the NT

Yes

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast