Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about 3rd Pattern Jungle Jacket with patches

Article about: I came across this ripstop poplin 3rd pattern jacket. I've been trying to find info about the patches and insignia worn in Vietnam, but still don't quite get it. The jacket has both 101st Ai

?

Default Question about 3rd Pattern Jungle Jacket with patches

I came across this ripstop poplin 3rd pattern jacket. I've been trying to find info about the patches and insignia worn in Vietnam, but still don't quite get it.
    The jacket has both 101st Airborne and 1st Aviation Brigade patches. What does this basically mean, why does it have both patches?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about 3rd Pattern Jungle Jacket with patches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about 3rd Pattern Jungle Jacket with patches
    P
    Many

Greetings,

The shoulder sleeve insignia (SSI) on the wearer's right shoulder (101st ABN DIV in this case) indicates wartime service with that unit whereas, the SSI on the left shoulder indicates the wearer's current unit of assignment.

If an individual possesses multiple units of wartime service, it is their choice, which SSI they choose to wear and when. As such, the wearer could decide to wear a different authorized wartime service SSI for each day of the week they had one.

That said, most folks with multiple wartime units' SSIs choose to wear one and stick with it; regardless of how many they may be authorized by wartime service to wear.

Best,

V/r Lance