Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There's a lot going on here...

Article about: Hello everyone! Today I picked up this beautiful vietnam era tunic. It seems this soldier has seen quite a lot! It seems he fought in Korea, Vietnam, served in special forces and was also a

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Mark,

The smaller badges on the epaulettes are distinctive unit crests.. The US Army Drill Sergeant School at Fort Jackson, South Carolina is the home for training all the US Army's Drill Sergeants.. Cadre assigned to the school wear the smaller drill sergeant unit crest,, just like in Berlin when the US Infantry Brigade there wore the DUI (Distinctive Unit Insignia) for the 502nd Infantry Regiment..

Hope that helps my friend..

Smitty

Just like my avatar which is the unit crest for the 187th Infantry Regiment.. This unit was my regimental affiliation and I was authorized to wear this particular unit crest after leaving the unit over the right breast pocket of my Army Dress green and Dress blue uniform. The DUIs that I wore on the shoulder epaulettes while in Berlin was the 502nd Infantry regiment (STRIKE)...
    Yes it does thank you! I obviously did not pay enough attention or possibly it just occurred that the ones I saw with the DI badge had different DUIs on their epaulettes? Either way the question is answered

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement There's a lot going on here...
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Bodey,

I don't think the uniform is a total loss,, as I mentioned previously, if it can be determined through NARA records or other approaches, the unauthorized items can be removed and you may have a decent combat veteran uniform..

I will look at ancestry and Fold3 which may have some information about the Soldier as well and that way there will be more information that can be used to obtain records ect..

May I ask where this was obtained, Geographic location and site, (ie gun show, thrift store, antique mall) etc.. In some cases these venues can also hold some hints of information.. This could have been embellished with the extra ribbons for a costume for example or the person who had it last added the other ribbons, ect..

If you want, send me a private message with the SSN and I can narrow down the possible Soldier if they are deceased, but it will give me a date of birth, city of birth and maybe some other information

Smitty
    I had totally forgotten about this post, but I have since gotten this soldier's NARA records and have restored the uniform to its proper glory! I do not believe the ranger tab belongs, but I have not removed it yet. Thanks again to everyone who helped on this one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture There's a lot going on here...   There's a lot going on here...  

Now this is a little better and more believable. Glad that you were able to get NARA record

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2