US Pattern 56 Webbing

Article about: Here's a set I have

Default US Pattern 56 Webbing

Here's a basic set I have

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US Pattern 56 Webbing
    P
    Many

Very nice. I had the exact same set until I sold all my Vietnam era collection 20 years ago. No doubt you have a poncho to strap onto the butt pack.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very nice. I had the exact same set until I sold all my Vietnam era collection 20 years ago. No doubt you have a poncho to strap onto the butt pack.
    no I don't, you caught me out on that one Mate!!

The e-tool carrier had the attachment point for the bayonet, and the strap to hold the blade down. For some reason, I can't find that e-tool here in the states. WW2 shovels are everywhere. I liked the Vietnam era e-tool so much better than the tri-fold shovel. The tri-folds break too easily. cool set

I had the same set up Basic Training Ft. Bragg, NC in 1967, and in AIT Camp Crockett back side of Fort Gordon in 1968. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Nice set so far. Only thing that I see wrong (and it really isn't) is that you have a single canteen. It was recommended to carry at least two in the sweltering jungles of Vietnam, but I have no idea if this was regulation. Is the canteen itself Vietnam dated or modern surplus?

Last edited by reneblacky; 04-24-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    The e-tool carrier had the attachment point for the bayonet, and the strap to hold the blade down. For some reason, I can't find that e-tool here in the states. WW2 shovels are everywhere. I liked the Vietnam era e-tool so much better than the tri-fold shovel. The tri-folds break too easily. cool set
    Found out just now my ET is Aust '66 haven't played with it for years! pretty happy about this!!

I still don't understand why these are so hard to find here, lol I want one so I have somewhere to hang my M6 bayonet. That's a nice one.

It's a great shovel design, quite useful for a spot of gardening.