Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Vietnam era helmet cover unknown

Article about: I am looking for some information about this helmet cover unknown to me. Thanks in advance.

?

Default USMC Vietnam era helmet cover unknown

I am looking for some information about this helmet cover unknown to me.
    Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USMC Vietnam era helmet cover unknown
    P
    Many

I wish I could help but can give it a bump.
    John

MAP
    ?

I've seen one of these recently from a member here who picked one up. They are also discussed as Willmore noted on the USMF
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks Willmore, I saw the link you sent me, agree that this helmet cover is a fantasy!

Quote by Decima View Post
    Thanks Willmore, I saw the link you sent me, agree that this helmet cover is a fantasy!
    I wouldn't say OD covers are a fantasy there is evidence of them being used in Vietnam (and maybe Korea) I'll post some threads on that below. The markings attributing it to the USMC do seem a little dubious, but I wouldn't write off the cover from one thread especially since only a few things are definitely known about them with some things still left in the air.

Elusive Solid Green Cloth M1 Helmet Cover - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Plain OD green M-1 camo cover - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    I wouldn't say OD covers are a fantasy there is evidence of them being used in Vietnam (and maybe Korea) I'll post some threads on that below. The markings attributing it to the USMC do seem a little dubious, but I wouldn't write off the cover from one thread especially since only a few things are definitely known about them with some things still left in the air.

Elusive Solid Green Cloth M1 Helmet Cover - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Plain OD green M-1 camo cover - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Thanks for your comment, I'll put the helmet cover aside, hoping for the good news

?

Interesting thread ,
    I don't wish to get involved , but I would only like to point out that the cover has a really shallow cut like early 60's ones, that they had to modify by tearing a slit up on one side to get them to fit properly.
    Just saying
    Cheers Rick