Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 Pistol

Article about: I have a deal going for this 1944 dated Russian TT-33 brought home by Staff Sergeant Leopold R. Voytek of Republic Pennsylvania. He entered the Marine Corps in 1958 after graduating from Red

Default Vietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 Pistol

I have a deal going for this 1944 dated Russian TT-33 brought home by Staff Sergeant Leopold R. Voytek of Republic Pennsylvania. He entered the Marine Corps in 1958 after graduating from Redstone Twp. High School. From April 1961 to July 1963 he served with the American Embassies in Bombay, India and Kabul Afghanistan. Later in his military career he served in Vietnam as a member of the Provisional Marine Aircraft Group 39, USMC 1st Marine Aircraft Wing. This group transported marines into combat zones as well as provided close-air support later in the war.

Marine Aircraft Group 39 was activated on 16 April, 1968 in formal ceremonies at Quang Tri Airfield, Republic of Vietnam. Originally designated as Provisional Marine Aircraft Group 39, the units colors were presented by Major General Norman J. Anderson, Commanding General, 1stMarine Aircraft Wing to Colonel John E. Hansen.
    Located only a few miles south of the Demilitarized Zone, Provisional Marine Aircraft Group 39 carried out its assigned tasks in Northern I Corps in support of the III Marine Amphibious Force. As a member of Marine air-ground team, Provisional Marine Aircraft Group 39 helped stop, disrupt, and destroy invading North Vietnamese Army units in numerous combat operations including Operations Scotland II, Lancaster I and II, Kentucky, Mameluke Thrust, and Jeb Stuart II.
    During June and July 1968, the aircraft group conducted a successful evacuation of the Khe Sanh Combat Base and transported all supplies and equipment to Landing Zone Stud which became the replacement Combat Base for ProvMAG-39 aircraft.
    Provisional Marine Aircraft Group 39 actively participated in Operation Meade River during the largest Marine heliborne assault of the Vietnam War. In January 1969, all of the group’s resources were directed to support Operation Dewey Canyon, one of the most successful actions in Northern I Corps.
    During September–October 1969, ProvMAG-39 commenced support for the 3d Marine Division relocation from Vietnam. On 10 October 1969 the Group Headquarters redeployed to Phu Bia. The last day that ProvMAG-39 had control of tactical squadrons was the 15thof October. The unit was deactivated 7 November 1969. (Wikipedia).

The original veteran that brought this gun home passed, and his wife gave it to his old buddy at the VFW hall, who sold it to a collector. The vet never shot the gun and had a few other pistols along with this one reblued but not overdone. The gentleman was pretty religious about keeping his original paperwork, he even had some other papers he kept from his service that didn’t involve the pistol. The gun was sold to another collector in 2019 and now its soon to be mine. The refinishing job doesn't bother me too much as it was done correctly and not heavily buffed prior to re-finishing. Many vets did this to their war trophies. I like that there is a lot of paperwork documentation. The serial numbers match between the frame, slide and barrel. Mag is not matching. I'm happy to add this to my collection!
    Vietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 PistolVietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 PistolVietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 PistolVietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 PistolVietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 PistolVietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 Pistol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vietnam Bringback - Russian TT-33 Pistol
    P
    Many

Nice addition with papers!
    John

Thanks John!

That's a nice looking Tok can see why your happy on getting this example.

Thanks Jake!!

?

so often the capture papers go the way of the DODO BIRD! outstanding piece!

?

Good Luck adding this to your collection.
    Nice bring back and paperwork.
    Excellent!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil!