Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet books

Article about: Greetings Guys, can someone please tell me of a good and accurate book on German helmets of WW2. I've been researching my lids with old posts from this and other forums and so far I think I'

Default German helmet books

Greetings Guys, can someone please tell me of a good and accurate book on German helmets of WW2. I've been researching my lids with old posts from this and other forums and so far I think I've done O.K., but there are still a few questions that I can't find the answers to on the forums. So after helmet number nine I think I should get a good book that's not full of fakes and misinformation and hopefully get these questions answered.

Thank You, Bill.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet books
    P
    Many

Lightbulb

AsI'm always quick to say, I am no expert on German helmets ( but that's why I need a book ! ). The one which I've found most useful is Ken Niewiarowicz' " Germany's Combat Helmets 1933-1945 - A Modern Study" ( James R Bender Pub, 2009 ). It's not easy to find but there have been at least three print runs.

There may be better books, or ones which benefit from later research, but I've found it informative and I like the mixture of good-quality modern colour photos and period b&w pics. As well as the helmets,there are decent pics of details such as rivets,liners, decals etc. I'm sure other members here will come up with some alternatives......