Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Meat grinder by author prit buttar

Article about: Recently discovered this new book by P.Buttar. Recently published last year I believe but came to my attention last week. Book deals with the battles for the Rzhev Salient 1942-43. Have read

Default Meat grinder by author prit buttar

Recently discovered this new book by P.Buttar. Recently published last year I believe but came to my attention last week. Book deals with the battles for the Rzhev Salient 1942-43. Have read the other 3 books on the Eastern Front including On A Knife's Edge and Retribution which I found fascinating reading and am anticipating this book to be equally interesting and a great read by this author. Book contains 463 pages. Available in hardcover for now. Price of $28 and change from Amazon or $35 at book stores. Looking forward to reading it soon. Hope others will find it a worth while read.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Meat grinder by author prit buttar
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

I'm in the midst of "The Blitzkrieg Legend" by Karl-Heinz Frieser, but Buttar's book is up next.

Paired with this assault gunner grouping because his field photos have "Rzhev" in captions he wrote on the reverse.

Meat grinder by author prit buttar
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks for responding guys. Seems this battle was overshadowed by Stalingrad perhaps. Am looking forward to reading it as it received many positive reviews from other readers. Years back I read "Operation Mars Zhukov's Defeat" which covers the fighting and am certain this new one by Buttar will cover the fighting in great detail. Certainly sounds like quite the battle/battles with some fierce fighting indeed.

TWS
    ?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Years back I read "Operation Mars Zhukov's Defeat" which covers the fighting.
    I have it as well. Glantz did a great job. I think it should be read by all serious students of the Eastern Front. So many people with an agenda have made statements about Operation Mars and one should read Glantz and decide for themselves.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."