Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944

Article about: Members, After a few months of waiting I just received my copy of an excellent new book in the mail today Written and published by our own Jean-Philippe Borg. A labor of love that took a num

MAP
    ?

Default NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944

Members,

After a few months of waiting I just received my copy of an excellent new book in the mail today

Written and published by our own Jean-Philippe Borg. A labor of love that took a number of years to compile.

The title says it all. But to sum it up, this book features the uniforms, headgear, clothing, footwear and equipment worn by the Heer Soldaten in the field from June to October 1944

Here is a link with more information in the Heer, Luftwaffe, & Kriegsmarine Uniforms of the Third Reich section of the reference library

Heer, Luftwaffe, & Kriegsmarine Uniforms of the Third Reich

NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944

Last edited by MAP; 05-09-2021 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944
    P
    Many

?

I have also received my copy of the above book - excellent.
    Cheers,
    Colin

crap my book cupboards are choccas!!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by ME110 View Post
    I have also received my copy of the above book - excellent.
    Cheers,
    Colin
    I just started digging in last night. A well put together book.

Perfect for those who want to know what a soldier wore, used and carried during this period.

If JPhilippe doesn't mind I can add some photos of the inside of the book

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello,
    Thanks Michael for this thread. I don't mind if you post some photos from the book, i posted some low resolution pages in the classifieds to illustrate what the book looks like, but you can do as you wish, i won't lie, if i can sell a little bit more, i wouldn't be sad.

My only condition is you don't post copyrighted period photos from the book, those from the Bundesarchiv for instance. Some of these official photos are available on the Internet anyway, but as i personaly negociated some kind of deal with the Bundesarchiv for using the photos i wanted for this book, that showing them in a thread would not be fair in my point of view, but for the rest, no problem...

The final version of the book that was printed includes 485 photos and the front cover was modified. I'm the only one who got the cover with the black background behind the MG gunner, all others have a white background. There is no parade or Officer garments in the pages, only the stuff worn or carried into combat by the standard Landser, EMs and NCOs, during the last summer and last autumn of the war of the Western front. Only original pieces of uniforms or equipment from several branches of service are shown in the book. A lot of the stuff is mine but friends helped me once again with the missing items. I wish the book had more pages as i had to remove several items due the low budget project, but it was financially impossible for me to do more without enough pre-orders.
    Thanks
    JPhilip

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Just to make sure I don't copy the wrong pages that might have copyrighted materials, I'll just provide the link to your classified add so others can see the photos of how the book is laid out.

So here it is everyone. Take a look!

Pre-ordering for the book Feldgrauen, the German soldier on the Western Front, Summer & Autumn 1944 - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

MAP
    ?

Just finished the book. Excellent. I recommend anyone interested to reach out to JPhilip.

JP I will PM you my friend.
    I cant believe I missed the Feb preorder notification....
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Get one as this will grace your book collection.

?

Thrilled to get my copy today.
    Already spent a couple of hours looking through it.
    Certainly worth purchasing!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast