Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944

Article about: Members, After a few months of waiting I just received my copy of an excellent new book in the mail today Written and published by our own Jean-Philippe Borg. A labor of love that took a num

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Thrilled to get my copy today.
    Already spent a couple of hours looking through it.
    Certainly worth purchasing!
    Nice one, was it quick shipping? well being further south I guess I'll wait longer!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944
    P
    Many

?

Not quick Rene,even though it was sent priority mail.
    I think just under 3 weeks,but that's still a week earlier than items I received from England lately.
    Still,this reply took me about 1/2 hour to type so waiting for the book was no problem.
    Forgot you're at about the same latitude as Auckland NZ.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Not quick Rene,even though it was sent priority mail.
    I think just under 3 weeks,but that's still a week earlier than items I received from England lately.
    Still,this reply took me about 1/2 hour to type so waiting for the book was no problem.
    Forgot you're at about the same latitude as Auckland NZ.
    Naa Mate great info. Three weeks from France is brilliant. Much appreciated.

Have another book inbound from Russia and that one has sat there idle for over a month!!

Hey Andrew Mate I hate typing too!!

Got mine last Friday, what a fantastic book, highly recommended, thank you JP!
    "Per Ardua"

Mine came in today in perfect order Cheers JP. 13 days is sharp to Aust for any kind of world condition!
    Now to check it out and find a place in the main book shelves!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-24-2021 at 07:16 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    crap my book cupboards are choccas!!!
    Found a spot!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Mine came in today in perfect order Cheers JP. 13 days is sharp to Aust for any kind of world condition!
    Now to check it out and find a place in the main book shelves!
    Got mine today

NEW BOOK - Feldgrauen - The German Soldier on the Western Front Summer & Autumn 1944

An excellent contextual reference that helps put together the whole phyiscal manifestation of the "Landser" as an image in contrast to the overwhelming icons such as the steel helmet and Iron Cross which seem to be the mainstay of modern conceptions.

Well done JP and thank you.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello Gentlemen,
    I'm glad that you all received your copy of the book and that you all seem satisfied with your purchase.
    I do not know if i'll have other copies printed as no one seems to be interested in the book at the moment.
    I have put a lot of me in that book and expressed some of my ideas about the german army. I wanted the book to be simple, without bling-bling, going straight to the point and showing the standard Landser.
    As i said to some of you via an email, what you've got is maybe not the best book ever written about the german soldier, but it will be the rarest, as there is only a handful of them in the world...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Maybe it's a question of marketing?

Before I realised that you were selling the book directly (didn't read the thread here correctly!!) I initially looked on Amazon and other online sellers but no reference at all. Even

Naval & Military Press, Military History, WWI & World War II Books

which is a seller I have had some of the really specific collector type books (not least Thomas Durante titles) from at very competitive prices.

Of course I don't know anything about book publishing / marketing but that site is certainly one worth a look.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the dedication too, my only experience of that part of the world was two weeks at Cap d'agde (Marseillan Plage) about 25 years ago and I loved it!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Email sent ;-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast