Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Review: The Collector’s Guide to Hitler Youth Knives

Article about: Wish I could have a set but that's very pricey! (have only one knife anyway and it's dated and cost me less than the books offered)

Default Review: The Collector’s Guide to Hitler Youth Knives

Wish I could have a set but that's very pricey! (have only one knife anyway and it's dated and cost me less than the books offered)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Review: The Collector’s Guide to Hitler Youth Knives
    P
    Many

?

samo, with me , I only have 3 of them, all different makers, and will never buy any more. so $250.00 is a LOT OF STEAK & POTATOES! jmho.

Just received both Volumes today not even a week went by from the time I ordered it to receiving it coming out of Canada.
    Quite fast more so than US merchants who use the delivery services within the US.

These 2 volumes are quite hefty and began delving into them.
    I will give my review upon completion unless another Collector who received their volumes as well is more than welcome to comment as well.
    IMO from what I have seen so far ..What Thomas Wittmann authored with his SS Dagger and Swords Reference .. Nathan Hogle has performed the same with the HJ topic. ( More to Come )

Regards Larry

Review: The Collector’s Guide to Hitler Youth KnivesReview: The Collector’s Guide to Hitler Youth Knives
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-15-2021 at 04:09 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This HJ Knife reference is a must for the HJ collector as every detail of the knife is covered right down to the scabbard rivets , diamond sizes ..time frames hanger strap buttons hilt configurations per time period and what is to be expected to see when studying from the early to the later period.

It is a great reason why there are 2 massive volumes as all the HJ Producers are covered in every aspect.
    The History of the HJ is covered as well with period documentation and photos of the Hitler youth wearing these knives.

The Photos and text make it easy for the collector to understand and further their knowledge in this area of collecting.
    I would consider it a tool that the collector and research could use immediately.
    This is not just another picture book with nice photos ...this has it all from beginning to end.

Our HJ Knife subforum here has it all with some of the most excelled and experienced collectors which the forum is thankful for ...but having the same in a reference book that is not powered by electric will last a life time.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill