Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics

Article about: Title: Imperial Japanese Army and Navy Uniforms and Equipment (Revised Edition) Author: Tadao Nakata and Thomas B. Nelson Year: First Printing 1973, Fourth Printing (revised edition 1997) IS

MAP
    ?

Title: Rikusentai: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Japanese Naval Landing Forces 1927-1945
    Author: Austin Adachi
    Publishers: Rikusentai Publishing
    Year: First Printing December 31, 2020
    Language: English
    ISBN 10: 177753240X
    ISBN 13: 978-1777532406
    Softcover: 117 Pages

Notes: Rikusentai: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Japanese Naval Landing Forces 1927-1945 is a comprehensive reference compiled from thorough examination of wartime Japanese documents, official monographs, officer memoirs, and previously unpublished materials. Rikusentai analyzes the development, organization, weapons, equipment, and units of Japan’s Naval Landing Forces from their rise to prominence in the late 1920’s to their eventual downfall during World War II. The text is accompanied by a large number of rare and unseen period photographs, providing unparalleled visual detail while exploring the Naval Landing Forces on a level of detail and accuracy never seen before.

Last edited by MAP; 01-10-2021 at 05:49 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Title: Japan at War - Uniforms, Weapons, Equipment and Ephemera of the Heitai
    Author: Russ Arendell (Abramson and Komiya)
    Publishers: Self Published through Arditi Books
    Year: 2nd Edition
    ISBN: No ISBN. Self Published
    Hardcover: 900 Pages (and digital)

Available at Russ Arendell

Notes: Comprehensive history of the Japanese Heitai of the 1930s and into WWII. Uniforms, weaponry, equipment and other areas of this fierce fighting force are covered in this nearly 900 page book. Japanese diaries, postcards, posters, official paperwork and period photographs are also covered in detail.

Hard backed books are currently sold out, but a digital download is available. Reprinted in small numbers every few years

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Rod
    ?

New publications: The Imperial Japanese Army Volumes 1 and 2, are available on Amazon in Kindle and ebook format. Both volumes include an order of battle of the Imperial Army arranged geographically and a breakdown of the major and minor units under the control of each army corps.

Divisions and brigades, listed in their own section, are shown in detail with code numbers and authorized troop strengths for each minor unit. The history of each major unit from activation to deactivation is included as well.

Of special interest to collectors is the section which lists in sequence all the code numbers and units associated within each book's sphere. With over 6,000 code numbers represented in both books.

The two books offer an unrivalled examination of the Imperial Japanese Army, arranged in a format that the army itself would recognize rather than the usual glimpsing in from the outside.

Title: The Imperial Japanese Army Volume 1, Japan, the Annexed Territories and Manchuria
    Author: Roderick S. Grigor
    Publisher: Paper Blossom Books
    Year: May 2021 (Kindle print legacy, ebook edition)
    ISBN: 978-1-7772728-2-1 (ebook)
    ISBN: 978-1-7772728-0-7 (paperback)
    Softcover: 397 pages

Title: The Imperial Japanese Army Volume 2, Conquest and Occupation 1941 to 1945
    Author: Roderick S. Grigor
    Publisher: Paper Blossom Books
    Year: May 2021 (Kindle print legacy, ebook edition)
    ISBN: 978-1-7772728-3-8 (ebook)
    ISBN: 978-1-7772728-1-4 (paperback)
    Softcover: 348 pages

Links appear to work fine in spite of the odd messaging
    Amazon link to Volume 1: ,Sorry! Something went wrong!

Amazon link to Volume 2 Sorry! Something went wrong!

Rod
    ?

The 'Imperial Japanese Army' Volumes 1 and 2 are now available from Amazon as paperback books.

Title: Japanese Army of World War II
    Author: Philip Warner
    Publisher: Osprey Publishing
    Year: 1973
    ISBN: 0-85045-118-3
    Softcover:
    40 pages
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics  

Title: Japanese Naval Aviation Uniforms and Equipment 1937-1945
    Author: Gary Nila
    Publisher: Osprey Publishing
    Year: 2002
    ISBN: 1-84176-465-5
    Softcover:
    64 pages
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2