Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

New Book - "A Traitor's Guard" by Hugh Page Taylor

Article about: Just a quick heads up... this will be published very soon, and I am sure it will be another great reference by Hugh Page Taylor. I am not sure of dates just yet, will find out some more from

Default New Book - "A Traitor's Guard" by Hugh Page Taylor

Just a quick heads up... this will be published very soon, and I am sure it will be another great reference by Hugh Page Taylor.

I am not sure of dates just yet, will find out some more from Hugh when I can.

This is what HPT says about the book:-

"Here’s a draft of the cover: I can also advise it’ll be casebound, section sewn, glossy paper, 28cm x 22cm (so larger than the classic “Bender books”), some 500 pages, 750+ images and not just cover in minute detail the history, organisation, leadership, uniforms, insignia, armament, flags, pay and allowances, etc., and end with an assessment of its performance, comparison with the bodyguards of Hitler, Mussolini and other collaborationist leaders, but also cover Quisling himself, the German invasion and occupation of Norway and Norwegian collaboration."

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Book - "A Traitor's Guard" by Hugh Page Taylor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Book - "A Traitor's Guard" by Hugh Page Taylor
    P
    Many

Any update on the release?

Intriguing. A little explored topic and one deserving of the attention of anyone interested in the period.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

From HPT :-

Hi Bob

That’s really good of you to file that post on a website I did not know exists.

The latest I can say about publication date is that the latest – and hopefully last – draft is going to my book designer tomorrow and with any luck it can go to the printers
    in August if not sooner, and so be available in September if not sooner.

Page count now over 570, maybe 580. Index of all names.

A delay has been due to study of over 2,000 original documents that were released by the State Archives after a 75-year ban.

Best wishes !

Hugh

Hi Bob, Fantastic book is now released, Hugh Page Taylor is a highly respected author and has spent many years researching the subject. Here is the comment from Bill Shea:

NEW BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT-
    My good friend and fellow author Hugh Page Taylor has just published a very comprehensive book entitled
    A TRAITOR'S GUARD FØRERGARDEN:
    Quisling's bodyguard, the German occupation of Norway and Norwegian collaboration in the Second World War
    Hugh has been working on this book for years and not only does it deal with Quisling's special bodyguard, but has an in depth, illustrated history of Quisling, the man.
    Please read the attached flyer and give serious consideration to ordering your numbered and autographed copy directly from Hugh Page Taylor.

hughpagetaylor@gmail.com

You can also purchase your standard copy from Amazon

It's loaded with over 1,000 illustrations including over 250 in color. There are many, never before, published photos.
    I certainly want a copy for my own reference library, and wish Hugh the best!

New Book - "A Traitor's Guard" by Hugh Page Taylor