Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nskk dagger

Article about: Hello everyone, I picked up this today for 300\\$ from a guy who lives near me. I could not pass on it for that price. The guy thought it was an ss dagger but I knew it was nskk. Everything lo

Default Nskk dagger

Hello everyone, I picked up this today for 300$ from a guy who lives near me. I could not pass on it for that price. The guy thought it was an ss dagger but I knew it was nskk. Everything looks good but I’m far from a dagger expert. What do y’all think? I hope I did not get burned. I believe it’s an early war production
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk dagger   Nskk dagger  

Nskk dagger   Nskk dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk dagger
    P
    Many

Photos are not the greatest and will take a look shortly on a larger screen when I get home from work.

Rare producer

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I’ll take better ones sorry for the Low quality

Here are more detailed pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk dagger   Nskk dagger  

Larry will comment in detail, but it's been apart, lower cross guard is backwards, and at least one of the screws is 'buggered'. Possibly mismatched scabbard/throat fittings.

Scarce maker and certainly worth 3 hundred.

Well it appears that Eduard Vitting ...according to the 2017 McSaar Rarity list ...is that this dagger come in at a very Rare #10 !! ....also more rarer now.
    So that is some good news.

Tex laid out some observations that I agree with and I might add that the upper crossguard does not have that squared off effect to it ...but it may be the angle of the photo.
    The Gruppe mark "P" is correct for this producer.

The lower scabbard fitting was added on most likely recently as seen how the black paint does not meet up to the fitting.
    I can not determine if the black paint is period or not as Im seeing some bluish tones in the paint.

The blade is in bad shape that shows some corrosion and cancer areas....someone also tried to clean of that corrosion with something abrasive.
    There is a horrible burn mark on the reverse grip including a nasty gouge on the lower part of your hand..get a bandaid on that.

For $300 and being a rare maker with some issues is half decent price in todays market. ..... All the fittings are early production and imo some of which are not original to each other when produced.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your help. Is there anything I can do to return it to its original state ? Also is there a way I can fix up the blade?

Even it had a hard life, it is really rare maker. I would also added that one in my collection with that price
    -TJ-

Leave it alone; it is what it is.

Someone will be interested in the maker so 'trade it up'.