Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf

Article about: Ive seen this NSKK at an antiques shop priced at \\$895. We visit the shop annually and it has been at the shop for at least 3 years. Looks correct based on what i could find and compare to in

Default RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf

Ive seen this NSKK at an antiques shop priced at $895. We visit the shop annually and it has been at the shop for at least 3 years. Looks correct based on what i could find and compare to in forum threads. Does the abundance of cosmoline on blade indicate it may have been liberated from a factory rather than in service? Does the adler look correct and original to handle? Some chipping at edge along one wing may be a concern. If set looks right overall then I am looking to make the owner an offer next time I visit if it is still there.
    thanks for your opinions.
    Joe
    (photos were taken with cell phone in less that ideal lighting and conditions so a couple photo have some blurring)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf   RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf  

RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf   RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf  

RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf   RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf  

RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M7/56 C. D. Schaaf
    P
    Many

Hi Joseph ..your the first one to post a dagger in the new NSKK dagger sub forum

The cosmoline was either done during liberation or post war ...I can not see any of these Third Reich Edged producers..mucking up the blade and runners and then distributing them throughout all the SA gruppes.

Take into consideration when buying cutlery ...hunting knives ,,surgical etc... then and now ...no cosmoline is present.
    The Third Reich heirarchy was all about image and pomp and were proud of these knives ..from all varied branches to be presented to them. These were daggers of honor ...not some M1 rifle coming out of the factory.

The dagger you posted is correct in every detail.

Lets stake a step back ...myself and a few other collectors have taken these scabbards down to clean what has built up on the high points of runners from the use of oil attracting moisture and dirt

when you get a chance read this thread I written on cleaning dagger runners > SA / SS Runners preservation

To answer your question ...its NO ..those runners were squeeky clean when they left the factory.

Image and quality was everything with the Germans during that period..and they had an idea to sell and they did it well through marketing everything with huge appeal.

If and when you buy this dagger ....wipe that cosmoline off . I frown against taking down as I said in my runner cleaning thread ...not unless you know exactly what you are doing with patience and common sense ..knowing when to stop especially if the scabbard screws refuse to turn. Not all daggers can be taken down ...just a warning.

The dagger is a decent late period example still showign the original burnish on the RZM logo ..but seems the cosmoline removed the burnish from the etch which would be a ghreat reson why the period producer did not apply it to the blade.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill