Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Lighter?

Article about: Got this off ebay from some old east block nation, gotta say was a bit dubious with the waffenampt on the bottom, but is this real? Were lighters ever issued like zippos were with US? I repl

Default German Lighter?

Got this off ebay from some old east block nation, gotta say was a bit dubious with the waffenamt on the bottom, but is this real? Were lighters ever issued like zippos were with US? I replaced the cotton and wick, the cotton it came with was old lookin and so was the wick. I have a feeling this is a lot of fluff lol. Only paid 10 bucks so not that out of it.

German Lighter?German Lighter?German Lighter?German Lighter?German Lighter?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Lighter?
    P
    Many

I believe similar items to this did exist, but this one bears a Waffenampt that I would not really want in my collection.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

They DID exist - and were called 'Trench' or 'petrol' lighters ( although I wouldn't like to fill one with petrol and light it!!!! )

Don't pay too much - there are hundreds out there for sale - many NOS - so they probably weren't used a lot ( and certainly didn't need a waffenampt stamp! )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I figured the waffenampt was probably added, but like i said for $10.00 american dollars, new flint wick and some zippo fluid it works like a charm!

I've seen these marked for branch of service. Not sure how legitimate they are but 10 bucks is no big deal. Neil