Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible German Ring from WWII?

Article about: I was looking through some old coins my grandfather left me (mostly 20s/30s/40s timeframe) and included in the lot was this ring. I was thinking this was a Freemason's ring until I did more

chaddgar
    ?

Default Possible German Ring from WWII?

I was looking through some old coins my grandfather left me (mostly 20s/30s/40s timeframe) and included in the lot was this ring.

I was thinking this was a Freemason's ring until I did more searching, and it looks like a German WWII type of ring. The only reason my grandfather would have had it is it may have come from my grandmother's brother who fought for the United States in WWII. He died in a car crash in 1949, so it's plausible some of his things got left with my grandmother/grandfather.

The ring is not gold. I had it tested at a jeweler and the acid turned bright green. Plus, it leaves a blackish-green mark on my finger after even only a few hours of wearing it.

I'm just curious as to its history. If it truly is from a German soldier, could my grandmother's brother have taken it after death?

The story is possibly more valuable than the ring itself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible German Ring from WWII?   Possible German Ring from WWII?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Possible German Ring from WWII?

Are there any markings on the inside?

chaddgar
    ?

Nothing visible to the naked eye, though the jeweler said there was something under magnification, but he couldn't make it out. There's also a slight gouge in one area on the inner part, though that could have come from anything.

i used to colect german rings,studying different historycal sources with ring desighns and forums where diggers posted rings they,ve found.But newer saw such german ring or even something simmilar to your,s.Skull in fact looks like face of alien,s from out there...!Also newer saw eny german ww2 or pre period comercial or advertising post cards with ring desighns with such ring.

?

This is a very typical Mexican biker ring from the 1940's. Do you still own it chaddgar?

Sorry,Nerdy, but the post is over 4 years old and the original poster was just a one hitter asking a question for some free advice and has never come back since. Before or After.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Click on his username and choose "Send E-mail".

He can be using it still. Good luck