Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trident of Vladimir ring

Article about: This item is not "German" as such, but I suspect it was worn by a Ukrainian member of the German forces and that was how it ended up in England. Many members of the 14th SS Divisio

Default Trident of Vladimir ring

This item is not "German" as such, but I suspect it was worn by a Ukrainian member of the German forces and that was how it ended up in England. Many members of the 14th SS Division "Galizien" ended up in the UK after the war. (I actually worked with two former members of the Division many years ago)

I bought the ring for £1/$2 some years ago. It was in a box of "junk" jewelry, all of which had come from house clearances. The seller had no idea of what it was. It is made of an alloy, maybe brass.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trident of Vladimir ring   Trident of Vladimir ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trident of Vladimir ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Trident of Vladimir ring

Hi Ade, my friends Father had a ring like that, he was Ukrainian who came over as a prisoner during the war!
    Ben

Nice ring. What is the meaning of the symbole?

It is called the "Trident of Vladimir" and is the symbol of the Ukraine.

Ukraine - State Arms (The Trident)

Cheers, Ade.

?

now thats a nice ring, and at my kind of price rgds dave

Awesome piece Ade , man you get some pieces , and so much history with them , awesome , well done , Raymond

?

very nice !

?

Thumbs up Re: Trident of Vladimir ring

Hi Ade.. It could also be for the OUN that continued to fight well into the 1950s. Many also got to Canada and England..
    Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi GB, thanks for the link.

I find the subject of the Ukrainian forces an interesting one. In fact, I spent a an hour or so looking at "You Tube" videos on Saturday night where there are many interesting films which have been put together to show photos of the Ukrainian SS and Stepan Bandera etc. Some do not make pleasant viewing. It was a very dirty war. What did surprise me was that these pics survived the war? Keeping them would have been a very dangerous thing to do in the former Soviet Union, even someone coming West would really have been advised to get rid of them for fear of the trouble they could bring.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This item is not "German" as such, but I suspect it was worn by a Ukrainian member of the German forces and that was how it ended up in England. Many members of the 14th SS Division "Galizien" ended up in the UK after the war. (I actually worked with two former members of the Division many years ago)

I bought the ring for £1/$2 some years ago. It was in a box of "junk" jewelry, all of which had come from house clearances. The seller had no idea of what it was. It is made of an alloy, maybe brass.

Cheers, Ade.
    ring OUN-UPA , Ukraine , 1943-1950 ... Karpaten mountain , UA:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trident of Vladimir ring   Trident of Vladimir ring  

Trident of Vladimir ring   Trident of Vladimir ring  

Trident of Vladimir ring  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast