Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please

Article about: I have the chance to buy this trench art artillery shell, but I'm wanting some info as this is not my area of collecting, but it would look good with my other stuff! I'm not sure of the size

Default WWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please

I have the chance to buy this trench art artillery shell, but I'm wanting some info as this is not my area of collecting, but it would look good with my other stuff! I'm not sure of the size, but I think the guy told me it was 5-6" long?? Anyway, I have posted the pics he sent me. Any feedback on a good market price would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea of value on the open market. Any other info is great too! thanksWWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions pleaseWWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions pleaseWWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please

dear excalibr.

ist a russian shell and a german souvenir ....it looks original but in my opinion not a good work....if i would sell... 60 eur , i wont buy for 30 eur ...greetz timo

i attached one russian shell of my collection in good condition , sry i had to spray the swastikas...on the back is a sparrow with a letter...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please  

Correct. Russian.

I have copied your pic and reposted here. Note the marking at the lower left side of the case, "41r". This is the date for 1941. If you see with what appears to Western eyes as a lower case latter "r" (a Russian "G") after a number this will signify a date. It is the Russian abbrieviation for year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Trench art Artillery shell casing---Opinions please  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys for the info! The guy wants $135 for this, which I thought was too high. I have never bought trench art, and this deal just kind of came up unexpectedly, so I figured I would post it to see if the price was good or not! Ade....what do you think? Do you agree with a retail value of around 60 Euro? If so, that would put his asking price of $135 WAY too high! I just don't want to overpay....Thanks again for your feedback.

For me personally, the price sounds a bit high.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Does not look period done to me and even if it is, the price is too much, IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.