Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Battle Damaged M16 G62 Camo Helmet

Article about: Battle Damaged M16 G62 Camo Helmet An M16 G62 made by Gebrueder Gnuchtel A.G., Lauter i./Sa., the helmet retains all three leather liner pads with two retaining their horse hair filling. The

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    could of been possibly used as a decoy helmet put on a stick to possibly locate the position of a sniper.

A closer inspection of the interior would suggest not, but I purposely avoided photographing it too closely.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle Damaged M16 G62 Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    Just saw this here Andy. You know I love this helmet!

Thanks Michael! It’s definitely an interesting helmet with its inverted ‘A’ on the front. A shame that the writing inside can’t be read. Looks to be an ‘83’ there but that’s all I can decipher.

?

with that many bullet holes in it , I beleave it may have been used for target practice, no one could have sustained that many hit's in situ . with all of the different angles. mho.

Quote by toot View Post
    with that many bullet holes in it , I beleave it may have been used for target practice, no one could have sustained that many hit's in situ . with all of the different angles. mho.
    Thank you for looking and your reply toot. Yes, the poor soldier came under extremely heavy fire. What you are actually seeing are entry holes on one side and exit holes on the other. This is a killed in action helmet. Not a term I like to use as it’s often used to describe any helmet with some form of damage. However, this is what I discovered after I received it and had a better chance to study it in hand. The interior on one side is filled with dark staining but I chose not to photograph this when I created this post. I literally jumped on it as soon as the dealers site updated as I knew it would go quickly due to the striking camo. It is indeed a very sad piece but as with all my helmets and other items, is treated with the greatest of respect in memory of the original young man that wore it.

?

a great reply. thank you, for the clarafacion on it.

Really nice condition and unique helmet- since it is battledamaged. Wish i would see something like that on our collector fairs/ markets- which are consisting mostly of relic condition helmets.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Really nice condition and unique helmet- since it is battledamaged. Wish i would see something like that on our collector fairs/ markets- which are consisting mostly of relic condition helmets.
    Items of this caliber are typically quickly recognized for their value and rarely make it to collector fairs. It is rare, but sometimes you can get lucky at local fairs.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Items of this caliber are typically quickly recognized for their value and rarely make it to collector fairs. It is rare, but sometimes you can get lucky at local fairs.
    For someone who is relatively young- being 30. I feel like i have missed out a lot, also not the cheapest hobby. The other factors might be that i live in former soviet republic- which probably means that there was no well established 3rd Reich or Imperial Germany militaria collector circles, so majority of items were neflected and only seen as valuable if they could be practically used in peacetime. The other thing could be that whatever was left in good condition, probably was "exported" to Western Europe or U.S. not that i would be angry about that, after all that is understandable.
    With best regards,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2