Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Leutnant Beimann’s M16 camo Helmet.

Article about: A recent addition to my Imperial Collection is this very interesting swirling camo variation painted on a Bell L (Lindenberg A.G., Remscheid-Hasten), manufactured M16 sized 64 shell. Neatly

Quote by TWS View Post
    Congratulations Andy. Fantastic that you were able to obtain it after 20 years. Striking helmet for sure.
    Thanks Todd! When I saw it advertised on the website it looked familiar and I realised I’d seen it somewhere before, so rushed to the reference collection and there it was. Much less vibrant than in the book though, as the lighting was much more subdued in that particular photo shoot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leutnant Beimann’s M16 camo Helmet.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Super score. Top shelf all the way. Congratulations
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Super score. Top shelf all the way. Congratulations
    Thanks Michael!

Quote by relicz View Post
    Very interesting Pattern Andy, and the liner is minty, congratulations. Provenance is huge as well, and a Bell L to boot!! Would love to see some daylight photos, probably reveal some interesting details as only sunlight can.
    Hi John, As promised, a couple of completely un-edited photos taken in the late afternoon sunshine without any change to the lighting, background, contrast etc. I also had a good look inside but no stamps or additional names etc. could be found.

Andy
    Leutnant Beimann’s M16 camo Helmet.Leutnant Beimann’s M16 camo Helmet.

Beautiful addition to your collection Andy, much enjoyment to be had here
    Cheers
    Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Beautiful addition to your collection Andy, much enjoyment to be had here
    Cheers
    Paul
    Thanks very much Paul! Appreciate it.

Andy

German casualty records listed 12 records of Beimann named soldiers who had been lost or wounded. But none specified a rank of Leutnant. So maybe he made it home.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    German casualty records listed 12 records of Beimann named soldiers who had been lost or wounded. But none specified a rank of Leutnant. So maybe he made it home.
    Thank you for looking! Hopefully he did make it home OK. My understanding is that the a large volume of records from the German Imperial Archives were destroyed in east Prussia in a fire during WW2. I’ve have spoken to one of the previous owners and he said that he had no further information other than it was purchased in the UK many years ago and was in his collection for a number of years too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2